Has anyone tried the new SunSilk shampoo/conditioners???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always used the Herbal Essence Shampoo/Conditioners...but now that they've created a new line- i just don't like them as much, so i thought i'd try the new SunSilk shampoo's and conditioners. I bought some the other day. When i wash my hair tomorrow i'm gonna try them and see how i like them. Has anyone else tried this ???

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, but I can't get their commercials out of my head!

If they had one for protecting color-treated hair I might try it.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah - they´re brill !
I use the one that protects colour (the one in the red bottles) it also has a UV filter ! Its called Color Radiante ( Spain ! ) I think its the range you are talking about

I have also used Sunsilks other range of colour enhancers - these come in tubes, one for blondes (yellow) one for redhead (red) and one for brunettes (brown) I always use the conditioners as well !

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to use sun silk in australia and it would make my hair so fluffy and frizzy i hated it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmmmm..... i've been thinking of trying the anti-flat one. i wish they had trial sizes!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the green anti-frizz conditioner and will probably get the shampoo when my current brand (Herbal Essences) runs out. I like it, but it's a pain to rinse out -- doesn't feel like it's completely gone, but maybe that's the point, like that's how it keeps my hair from frizzing up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

PS - what time is it there in Memphis, it must be early !!
According the my pc...it was around 1:36am when i wrote the thread. I have 3 foster kittens that i'm feeding around the clock = no sleep for meowmy
. I try to sleep when the kittens sleep....I haven't had a straight 8 hours of sleep in weeks
. But it's worth if for those little furbabies

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I use the green anti-frizz conditioner and will probably get the shampoo when my current brand (Herbal Essences) runs out. I like it, but it's a pain to rinse out -- doesn't feel like it's completely gone, but maybe that's the point, like that's how it keeps my hair from frizzing up?
I'm just tried the green bottle of shampoo & conditioner today. The anti-frizz for waves & curles. I have long wavy hair...so in the Memphis humidity- it gets frizzy sometimes. It definitely doesn't smell as good as Herbal Essences, but it itsn't too bad. I hardly had any frizz, and my hair looked as shiny and nice as normal. I wish Herbal Essences was still making the line of products i like so much. Before, i used the Herbal Essences for normal hair- the patchulli & vetvier shampoo & conditioner in the purple bottle- i loved it! And it didn't irritate my scalp. I like the scent, just not the preformance. This is the one i tried for waves & curls. http://www.herbalessences.com/us/col...tally_twisted/
- I also have a free sample of their Hello Hydration in the blue bottle - i'll try those this week. Maybe it's different

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a sample of the anti-flat shampoo, conditioner and volumizing creme and wasn't that impressed. It seemed to have the reverse effect and weigh my hair down.

maddies mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried the pink line, for friz control I think. About a month ago, and was a little disapointed. They all seemed to be the same formula. The three min., the regular conditioner, and the leave in all seemed to be the same, smell the same and react the same, which in my case wasn't so good.

Glad to hear others had better experiences.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maddies Mom

I tried the pink line, for friz control I think. About a month ago, and was a little disapointed. They all seemed to be the same formula. The three min., the regular conditioner, and the leave in all seemed to be the same, smell the same and react the same, which in my case wasn't so good.

Glad to hear others had better experiences.
What shampoo/conditioner did you wind up using after you didn't have success with the SunSilk? Have you found something that works well of frizz yet? I'm curious because after they discontinued my fav Herbal Essence products....i am stuck seraching around for something i like now

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummm....speaking of SunSilk...I was just flipping through my new issue of Cosmopolitan, and low and behold- there is two $1 off giftcards from SunSilk in there. Awesome! I can save two bucks. Hummm, i still like the old Herbal Essences better....but since money is tight...i might just use those cards

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

hmmmmm..... i've been thinking of trying the anti-flat one. i wish they had trial sizes!
Here are samples to try out:

http://www.gethairapy.com/

P.S. The best shampoo I have ever tried out is called Bee Big by John Barrett. It was simply the best and the most expensive one I have tried. The regular price was $24 but I got it for $6. However, I have never found the shampoo again b/c it was discontinued shortly after I brought it three years ago.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link! I never turn down a free sample

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I got a sample of the anti-flat shampoo, conditioner and volumizing creme and wasn't that impressed. It seemed to have the reverse effect and weigh my hair down.
well, that's good to know...
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks for the link! I never turn down a free sample
me either - worth trying, anyway!