Squirrel watching...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was sitting on the lawn the other day, reading, with a companionable kitty (Fawn) milling back and forth collecting scritches. All of a sudden, she wasn't interested in scritches anymore, and I looked up to see what had caught her attention. There in the vine maple on the next property (poor, sad tree that hasn't been in good shape for years, and throws seeds like crazy as a result) is a Mum Squirrel that we've seen around a few times in the last few days. There are lots of squirrels around town, but mostly they tend not to be around our neighbourhood. But this little lady seems to like the seeds on the vine maple...

Love how she hangs upside down looking for goodies, and showing us her nipples...

Got a problem, human?

I'd sure like to check that squirrelly out...

But my Mum will get in the way with that silly camera...it's so boooooring waiting...

Think you're going to catch me, do you?

Oh, yeah...love to try...

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Squirrels are one of my favorite animals! Fawn, those pictures are just amazing! I sure did enjoy seeing these. Thanks soooo much for sharing them with us!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is one brave squirrel.
With pretty Fawn just waiting until Mum looks the other way, she had better be fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arielrain

Squirrels are one of my favorite animals! Fawn, those pictures are just amazing! I sure did enjoy seeing these. Thanks soooo much for sharing them with us!
I love them, too. Always have. I've been known to stand talking to a squirrel for minutes on end, and the squirrel just stay put and take it in. Made myself late to work one morning, talking to a squirrel who was having a breakfast of pine cones in a tree between where I parked and the office door.
He just kept eating, and glancing in my direction every few seconds, and eating...it was neat.

Glad you enjoyed our little lady, and our little would-be predator.