Meeting over the bridge

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folks, this is an honest question. I see lots of post about meeting over the bridge but please tell me what you base this on. I would so love to know that I would see my former cats across the bridge but would so much love to hear any encouragement that this will happen. I am not a doubter, just want some reinforcement that would help me in this.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i think alot of people base it on that once they move on to the next stage of life,
they will once again be with loved ones.. So why not there pets that they love also.

how i was raised to think animals where just animals with no souls or spirts, things have taken place that has changed my view points. I no longer think that.

this is just my view point, But i really do think all animals great and small are part of God's plan. Once are short time here is done, Its time to go home to with be those that we love, human and furry.

how i do miss people and pets that have moved on,something inside of me tells me its just until we meet again.

Like i said its my way of thinking, some may disagree
& i may be wrong, but i doubt it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend of mine lost one of her cats Bumper a couple of years ago, and although she was expecting it she was still devastated

A couple of nights later she woke up with a heavy feeling across her legs, the same feeling she used to feel when Bumper used to lie on her

It was the sign she so desperately needed to make sure Bumper was safely across the bridge and he made sure he let his mum know it as well

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever read the Rainbow Bridge Poem? For me it is just a way that my fragile human mind can grasp the vastness of what is to come after this life. Often religion ignores our need to think of our beloved pets. I don't know that the Rainbow bridge exists, I just know it's something I can visualize until the day I get to see where my Smokey & Cookie (& a bunch of other shelter cats I've loved) have been waiting for me. I don't know where they are I just know they must exist somewhere.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it's biblical, as the Bible says that there will be animals in the New Earth and the New Heaven, and the lion and the lamb will feed together. I have a brain-damaged daughter who has dreams of those who have passed, both animal and human. And at least 5 times, one or the other has appeared to her in a dream and announced the next person in our lives to be called over, and in less than 2 weeks, it has happened
Plus, how could it be called Heaven if it doesn't have cats, dogs, horses, etc....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

For me, it's biblical, as the Bible says that there will be animals in the New Earth and the New Heaven, and the lion and the lamb will feed together. I have a brain-damaged daughter who has dreams of those who have passed, both animal and human. And at least 5 times, one or the other has appeared to her in a dream and announced the next person in our lives to be called over, and in less than 2 weeks, it has happened
Plus, how could it be called Heaven if it doesn't have cats, dogs, horses, etc....
Out of curiosity do you happen to have a passage that talks about animals on the new earth? I'm Christian and have had discussions with other Christians about weather or not animals have souls and weather or not they will be in heaven. I'd just like to have a verse I can give as reason for my belief.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

well i think alot of people base it on that once they move on to the next stage of life,
they will once again be with loved ones.. So why not there pets that they love also.
this is also how I view it, if humans have a heaven, why can't pets?

I'm actually looking for a little story, I believe I read it on here, something about why God made pets? and how it hurts us when they die, but that is how we wanted it? I've been looking everywhere... if anyone has this or knows where I can find it, can you please PM me? or even post it here?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

that's what i told my mom, years ago, when i had to put my dog to sleep. i said i'd see him in heaven. she wanted to know how i knew that, & i told her - if he wasn't there, it wouldn't be Heaven.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

this is also how I view it, if humans have a heaven, why can't pets?

I'm actually looking for a little story, I believe I read it on here, something about why God made pets? and how it hurts us when they die, but that is how we wanted it? I've been looking everywhere... if anyone has this or knows where I can find it, can you please PM me? or even post it here?
Is this the one you're referring to?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Have you ever read the Rainbow Bridge Poem? For me it is just a way that my fragile human mind can grasp the vastness of what is to come after this life. Often religion ignores our need to think of our beloved pets. I don't know that the Rainbow bridge exists, I just know it's something I can visualize...
That is my belief, too. I don't necessarily think there is a Rainbow bridge...but I think our pets will be in heaven. The Rainbow bridge just is a way for me to grasp and understand what I believe will eventually happen, which is that I will see the pets again.

I am a Christian, and chose not to debate those who don't believe animals go to heaven. My pastor is very clear in noting that some things are clearly explained biblically, and others are not. Since the Bible does not seem to clearly state whether animals go to heaven, I chose to believe that to God there is no question whether animals will go to heaven, so it wasn't put in the Bible.

No matter what I find someday in heaven, I will be happy to be in the presence of God. But I think that in addition to streets of gold to make some people happy, there will be rooms of cats to keep people like me happy.

While pets in heaven can be debated, my heart is too frail to try to envision a heaven with no animals. So I believe that my pets will be in heaven with me.