Water - how much do you drink?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you drink your 8 glasses a day?

I love water
For awhile there I was on a pop kick, and knew I had to stop that!

I usually fill up an empty Gatorade bottle - one of the 64 oz. bottles, and freeze 1/2 of it at night, and then fill the rest up in the morning with fresh water, so I have nice cold water all day, I usually go thru 2 of them a day.

So, how much water do you drink a day?

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I try to drink at least 60 oz a day. Everything I've read recently says that if you drink half of your body weight in ounces of water per day, you actually supress enough of your appetite to start losing weight. I do the same thing, refilling gatorade bottles and putting them in the freezer. I can't stand anything but ice cold water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

I try to drink at least 60 oz a day. Everything I've read recently says that if you drink half of your body weight in ounces of water per day, you actually supress enough of your appetite to start losing weight. I do the same thing, refilling gatorade bottles and putting them in the freezer. I can't stand anything but ice cold water.
Same here - I cannot drink warm water! Ick! I love the ice cold water!

Plus, I've noticed that my cravings for snacks has gone now, since the water of course fills me up! I used to drink pop during the day, and of course get hungry in the afternoon for a snack.... darn those vending machines!

I'm definately going to keep drinking the water - no more pop!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually drink a lot more soda but the last 7 days have been soda free! YAY! That is really hard for me! Instead I have been drinking water and juice. Since I drink water with my meals now I think I am getting 6-8 glasses a day!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly all I drink is Water but probably not enough, Maybe I will try what you all do with the gatorade bottle. I have never been a soda person I hate it, so that was never an issue. Oh but I love Kool-aid!!! I'm sure it's just as bad for you!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Mostly all I drink is Water but probably not enough, Maybe I will try what you all do with the gatorade bottle. I have never been a soda person I hate it, so that was never an issue. Oh but I love Kool-aid!!! I'm sure it's just as bad for you!
My husband and I are Kool-Aid people too. He can go through a pitcher a day by himself. Of course he can also down a ton of soda too and I'm almost as bad...

As for the water. I don't drink nearly enough. Probably between 24-36 oz. a day max. Sad huh?

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love water
we have a britta filter pitcher, which is amazing, and we put it in the fridge, so we always have super cold filtered water. I also have a rule, if I go get a glass of water, I drink it while I'm standing with the pitcher in hand and then pour another one. that way instead of 4 or 5 glasses I drink 8-10!

I also read recently (from a source I trust) that a person with already good blood pressure, as long as they drink enough water, can have as much salt as they like (to a point, of course.) And my blood pressure's GREAT, so I can eat as much canned soup as I want!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink at least 64 oz a day...usually a little more. I don't usually drink much besides water and skim milk. I allow myself a diet soda or nonfat latte every now and then as a treat, but I try not to make too much of a habit from it (though I have been hitting the lattes kinda hard in the last week or so
). When I do, I force myself to drink a little extra water to counteract the caffiene.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not near enough
! I actually ended up in the ER because of it
. Water must be ingested whether I want to or not.... Actually I don't dislike water, I'm just neutral about it. I dont' like soda. I rarely drink juice. The only drink I like is water and I hate paying for my drink in the restaurant! So water it usually always is. I'm just neutral about liquids in general and have to make a concious decision to keep drinking.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dicknleah

I drink about 170 oz of water a day.
Leah! That's a LOT of water!

I think I do OK with water. I drink 16 ounces before I ever leave the house in the morning, then one cup of coffee in the morning at work, and then 2-3 refills of my 32 oz cup. And I drink more at home after work too. I quit keeping track after I got used to drinking more than 8 glasses a day.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

My husband and I are Kool-Aid people too. He can go through a pitcher a day by himself. Of course he can also down a ton of soda too and I'm almost as bad...

As for the water. I don't drink nearly enough. Probably between 24-36 oz. a day max. Sad huh?
Ohhh Kool-aid !!!!! Have you ever had the Raspberry? They stopped making it years ago and me and my best friend were freaking out she even called them!!! So now I drink Grape!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enough to make me have to pee every 30 seconds!

I'm with you, Lauren. I drink wine, tea, vegetable juice and water. And the occassional locally-brewed IPA...there are some good microbrews around here and I live a few blocks from Goose Island Brewery. Mmmmm

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Enough to make me have to pee every 30 seconds!

I'm with you, Lauren. I drink wine, tea, vegetable juice and water. And the occassional locally-brewed IPA...there are some good microbrews around here and I live a few blocks from Goose Island Brewery. Mmmmm
Goose Island's 312 is my favorite!
I try to drink at least 64 oz a day: sometimes I get more than that, sometimes a little less. I also drink tea, a little bit of coffee and the occasional diet soda. I used to drink a lot more diet soda but have consciously cut back.
I also looooove V8! I buy the low sodium kind and add black pepper. YUM!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink water like a horse!!! I'm always thirsty
. I haven't had soft drinks in over 8yrs.
...I do occassionally drink juice,tea, or coffee though. I drink alcoholic beverages on occassion- Amber Woodchucks & Jack's Hard Apple Cider are my favs
!!!Mostly i just drink water though
I can't get enough of it!!