There was a bat in my office!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.... that was all the excitement I need for a whole MONTH I think!

I was sitting here at my desk, working away, when a tech comes into the office to talk to me, and he looks over in the lobby - and tells me... there's a bat! I scream, run out of my office, into the shop
All the while the other techs look at me like I'm crazy!

They finally got it out, after I ran back into the detail department for awhile to hide, I HATE them! They really freak me out!

So, I made the tech check the whole office for anymore. We think he came in while we had the door open this morning, and he was in our artificial tree thats in the lobby. Good thing I wasn't on the phone, that customer would have had an ear full of screaming!

I think I'm safe, but I just about had a heart attack!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Awwwww Kenz, I don't blame you! I hate bats!
They just make me feel all creepy crawly, and icky! Ack, I wanna go home

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, that would have been scary! Though personally I think bats are kind of cool.
We have a whole colony of bats at our football stadium here, and a professor in my department studies their communication. He says all the bats there appear to be males (!) and that the nearest female colony is miles and miles away. But he did a really cool study on how the bats appear to use chirps and squeaks and stuff just like bird calls, and each bat appears to have its own personal call, like a name! We've also got bats up in the roof of my church, so I guess its a good thing they don't particularly scare me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Yikes, that would have been scary! Though personally I think bats are kind of cool.
We have a whole colony of bats at our football stadium here, and a professor in my department studies their communication. He says all the bats there appear to be males (!) and that the nearest female colony is miles and miles away. But he did a really cool study on how the bats appear to use chirps and squeaks and stuff just like bird calls, and each bat appears to have its own personal call, like a name! We've also got bats up in the roof of my church, so I guess its a good thing they don't particularly scare me.
Well, your a lot braver than I am!

This thing was squeekin and chirpin away when they got it - ick, they are just as bad as snakes! I dislike them both!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Bats eat mosquitos by the dozen, so they're my best friends. I HATE mosquitos, but they love me! I go outside for half an hour, and I look like I have chicken pox or something.
So I'm pretty fond of those insect eating bats.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well, for that reason - bats rock!

But if they are close to me, get away!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bats eat bugs= they are good with me. We have quite a few around here. My dad even had a bat house for a while. He took it down cause no bats moved in!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart! I don't mind bats...but i HATE all spiders and roaches! EWWWWW!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Bless your heart! I don't mind bats...but i HATE all spiders and roaches! EWWWWW!
Ugggh, there was a roach in my half-bath last night (there's a forest right behind my place so the roaches are huuuuuuge). I would take bats over roaches any day of the week!!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't mind bats at all, I think they're kind of cute.
Also they eat mosquitos. The only problem is, bats are the biggest spreaders of rabies, and sometimes you can't even see/feel it if they bite you so you won't know to go get rabies shots.

I love snakes, too. Maybe I'm weird...
But I HATE roaches and centipedes more'n anything!