Cry Baby Kitty

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo looked so cute last night sleeping in her 'kitty palace' that I did not have the heart to wake her up just to take her to bed. I left the studio door open, turned out the light, and went to sleep. At one A.M. I heard loud wails coming from the studio. She sounded like the Siamese cat on the next floor, or like a young baby! I called "Gizmo, Gizmo", and a small rocket leaped into the bed, purring loudly, and put her paw in mine.
I was rather surprised to see my little scaredy cat acting this way, but I guess she just woke up in a strange place and did not remember where she was. She was right as rain in a little while and of course went off on her important Nightly Business for a while after that. From now on, she might not go all taffy-like when I try to get her out of the studio at night!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is Gizmo? We are going to wait a while to let Persi sleep with us because he always thinks it is playtime around 2 or 3 am. When he outgrows this, in he will come. In fact, what we do now is let him sleep with us on Saturday nights only (when nobody has to get up early the next day). This is how we are breaking him in. But believe it or not, he does not cry the other nights.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Gizmo looked so cute last night sleeping in her 'kitty palace' that I did not have the heart to wake her up just to take her to bed. I left the studio door open, turned out the light, and went to sleep. At one A.M. I heard loud wails coming from the studio. She sounded like the Siamese cat on the next floor, or like a young baby! I called "Gizmo, Gizmo", and a small rocket leaped into the bed, purring loudly, and put her paw in mine.
My Abby is like that. She's 8 years old. She likes to have me in her line of sight and if she doesn't hear me get up to go to bed and she wakes up in the living room and I'm not there, she cries frantically looking for me. And like your Gizmo, comes running in and jumps up on the bed purring like a jumbo jet. She's done that since she was a kitten.

Sometimes she will be sleeping on the sewing machine a few feet from my computer and she will wake up and give a few cries while looking around to see if I'm still here, then she settles back into her nap.

I figure it's just because she's attached to me and loves her "fur mommy"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo has just had her fifth birthday. I thought her behaviour was a little immature but she must have just gotten scared.
It's really delightful having her sleep in the bed with me; she's clean, neat, purry and fuzzy. It may be a different story for a couple however!

mauld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tsuki, who is 5yrs does the same thing. Only she has 2 little stuffed chenille 'baby bears' that she carries into the room separately-- (yes she carries one, all the while crying, goes back & gets the other one--crying). I then have to call out to her, and pat the bed. She'll then leap up next to my face, purring wildly. We then go through a routine, where she rolls over so I can stroke her belly and she licks my hand. Sometimes, she'll bring the 'babies' up with her, but most nights she leaves them lined up on the floor next to each other. After all this, she'll go to sleep and stay there until I get up in the morning. We've got 2 other cats (one of which comes up to sleep on the bed, although with MUCH LESS DRAMA), and the other sleeps on the couch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is very cute.

Gizmo took a nap with me this afternoon since I was sick. She held hands. What a good little girl she is...