kitten weights

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry another question missy s kittens are nearly 3 weeks (on wednesday) ive weighed them this morning and there weights are
miss smokey 10.3oz
tabbitha 11.4 oz
spotlina 10.oz
does this sound about right ive just been reading another thread and it was suggested that these would be the ideal weight for a 4 to 5 week old im curious to know how much your kities weighed when they were 3 weeks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just something else ive just thought of what age do you let the kittens out of the nest? at the moment they are in a large box but they are starting to climb lol when there awake and the children are out of the way i let them have some free time out of the box.
and just one more thing when do you introduce solid foods ?(mushy of course) the vet says after 6 weeks and in my felix pack it says 2-3 weeks

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Michele,
Mine are 3 weeks also and we have been handling them just about everyday and yesterday we let them out.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mowsluver

Michele,
Mine are 3 weeks also and we have been handling them just about everyday and yesterday we let them out.
thanks, are you feeding solids yet?

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to cut my last post short....but I was going to say that I am going to start letting them out a bit everyday now and keep the food for mom available for them also.
I have a question...do you know when they actaully poop and pee by themselves? I have seen no evidence of it and I see mom licking them all the time. Is it too early to put little litter boxes out if she is still taking care of it?

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i change the bedding daily ive seen the odd accident of wee put no number 2 mum is still cleaning them all the time but all are happy little kitties so im not worried i havent put any litter trays out yet except for mum.

bluebells belly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are 2 weeks today, "Chief Chirpa" is a whopping 13 oz. My smallest is 9 1/4 oz the others are 10 1/2, 10 1/2 and 9 1/2 oz. I also don't know when i should start giving them solid food. My large boy is certainly the lard ass of the litter but all he does is feed and pass out, the others like to play now but he's a laid back character!! He's often laying on the others like the Lord of the Manor on his comfy bed

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What stage are your 3-week olds at? Mine were 3-weeks on Saturday and I can't remember from last year what stage they were at when I took in a mom with 3-week olds.

My guys can stand on shaky uncoordinated legs, but still look down most of the time. They can sit but still tend to creep around. They are starting to get better about being held (not quite as noisy).

I was just wondering because mine were born 4 days early and still wonder if they are behind a little?

I know mine are still behidn weight wise. Yesterday at day 22, they were 13oz, 12oz, 12oz and 11oz. They were all born between 2-2.5oz.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they all walk really quite well i havent had them out to much the vet scared me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they can climb out of there box by climbing over mum they are still a little uncoordinated but there heads are up they play with one another and will clean each other too which is really sweet. there not very vocal at all and will come when called not to names but will come if i sit on the otherside of the rug and just call them

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by michelle mayall

they all walk really quite well i havent had them out to much the vet scared me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they can climb out of there box by climbing over mum they are still a little uncoordinated but there heads are up they play with one another and will clean each other too which is really sweet. there not very vocal at all and will come when called not to names but will come if i sit on the otherside of the rug and just call them
Wow really?? Mine are way behind then I guess. It took about 12-17 days for them to all have their eyes open. Only 2 have left the nest. One accidentally got pushed out by mom when she climed up and the other accidentally rolled out. Mine aren't noisy unless I hold them. I'm guessing they are a week behind then.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
weve had a few issues with eyes im just using cooled boiled water to bathe them now they seem a bit crusty at times but not gunky but theres lots of cuts on there faces and all have a scratchs on there nose and faces.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Crossing my fingers*
we haven't had eye issues yet, other than just being late opening. We have one scratch and I'm surprised they don't have more because they sure can go to town with each other! I'll see if I can give them more time on the floor to walk around, maybe encourage them to strengthen their legs. The bed is a little cushy and hard to walk on.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my way of thinking is they need more space to build muscle tone in there legs and they cant do that in such a small space