Worst gifts of all time

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to know, what your worst gift of all time was. I'll start this one off: A portable urinal from my father.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEEEEWWWWW! Unless you mean the camping kind... wait, no still gross!

I don't know what mine is. My parents often got a "joke" present that they knew you would hate, on purpose, and then gave you the real one. One time they gave my sister a John Denver record, and she HATES John Denver.

One time my mom gave me a big box full of "granny panties" at my brithday party in front of all my friends.
but without the smile!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww! Great idea for a thread! Colin is horrible with gifts but i still love him!!!! So far, i've recieved : a clock for my birthday last yr, a brown bra (at least it was V.S. & the right size) for christmas, and a gift card- starbucks...same one he got my sis for christmas...that he purchased ON our birthday! He's clueless

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

EEEEEWWWWW! Unless you mean the camping kind... wait, no still gross!

I don't know what mine is. My parents often got a "joke" present that they knew you would hate, on purpose, and then gave you the real one. One time they gave my sister a John Denver record, and she HATES John Denver.

One time my mom gave me a big box full of "granny panties" at my brithday party in front of all my friends.
but without the smile!
My Dad wasn't joking...
He gave us an emergency supply kit for Christmas last year (Hurricane Katrina freaked him out). The kit also included: rations that are freeze dried bricks, pouches of water, $20.00, and sponges. Have I ever said I live in Ohio?

Oh to top this all off... they forgot the girl part of the urinal, so only my husband can use it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hoof decanter.... Where does one find such a thing? Who makes such a thing?
I wouldn't even have kept a straight face opening that thing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
They bought it in Brazil. It has gotten quite a few miles, as a few of my relatives had to bring it in to work to show it to people. Believe me, it is MUCH worse in person

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And... um.... are you supposed to carry it around on your back by that strap? I would probably wear it places. Just to see people's undoubtedly hilarious reactions. Because not only is it a freaky thing, but decanters aren't even that common, esp strapped to your back.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A hoof decanter...I think we have a winner!

When I was 13 or 14 my parents bought me a camel skin backpack in Spain. That thing stunk to high heaven and in a few spots, you could see where they had missed a spot when shaving the camel hair off. It stayed in my closet. There was no way I was ever going to take that to school, everyone would have thought I'd wet my pants (its smelled a bit like urine) or had horrible BO.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something that looked just like this
accept white, not the blue,

dont get me wrong, i like elvis but still,,

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Something that looked just like this
accept white, not the blue,

dont get me wrong, i like elvis but still,,
Nice
Looks like the hoof now has some stiff competition

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Nice
Looks like the hoof now has some stiff competition
My brother got a velvet rendition of The Last Supper for his wedding. It wasn't a joke, but a cultural miscommunication. He has it hanging in his den, because it makes him laugh.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got oooold used pillow cases embroidered with farm animals for our wedding. I mean they had yellow water stains on them! But they came from a very old great aunt who I've never met in person, so I actually think it was sweet she sent them to us. I know that was hard enough for her to do. I still have them. Someone (on here too I think) suggested bleaching them white. I still may do that, but for now they sit in the box the came in here in my study.

Oh I also got some cheap imitation snow white china doll as a teenager. She had the oddest shaped body and one of her sets of eyelashes was glued on upside down. I ended up taking them off and using a small piece of bubble wrap to stuff her top so it at least looked like she had some boobs!

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Table-top Christmas tree decorated with anything & everything you'd find at the local tacky trash shop-It went very quickly to the recycling center right after the person who gave it left-fortunately she doesn't live in the area

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No way I can beat that hoof decanter or Elvis, but this year's birthday gift from DH is high on my list. I bought a Scion XB last year, which I really like. He bought me some special air cleaner that's supposed to last for the life of the car. I'll never have to change it. This is all fine and well, except...I've never had to change an air filter on a car I've ever owned. He does it.

Who says men aren't clever.