Where do you buy your pet food?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, where does everyone buy their kitty food???

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I made the right selection or not. I chose pet store, but they don't sell pets there! Pet Value is a pet supply store! The only pets that they have there are kitties looking to be adopted from the Humane Society! That's where I got my Loki! It was love at first sight! I saw him and called my hubbie on my cell phone crying saying I had to have this poor homeless baby! He relented, grudgingly, and just melted when he came home and I introduced Loki to his new daddy!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose 3: Pet Store, Supermarket and Chain store (although some of the supermarkets really are chains...) Anyway yup, who ever has a sale going and if I need to be there anyway!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of the above, I think.

I get mine at the vet clinic where I work, but sometimes I get it at Petsmart or the farm store when they run specials. Believe it or not, there is not a huge markup on the cost through most clinics. They probably can't purchase enough to qualify for the substantial discounts that the larger chain stores get.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies everyone! I should have added an extra option for "other" and "vet's office". Sorry about that!
Anyone know if it's possible to edit a poll ?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to budgetary concerns ours get their food from Wal-Mart (house brand). No complaints, yet.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vote was a tad deceptive. I picked grocery store, but one could call Wild Oats a specialty store depending on one's perceptions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My vote was a tad deceptive. I picked grocery store, but one could call Wild Oats a specialty store depending on one's perceptions.
I like wild oats

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was feeding Astrid Wellness (which unfortunately didn't work out) I had to get it at a specialty pet food store. Now I am giving her Blue Spa and get it at Petsmart. My only complaint is that they don't keep it well stocked - especially the wet, canned food and I can't find it anywhere else around here. The price is comparable to online and I don't have to pay shipping. But I may have to order it online if they don't keep it stocked.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Raw - comes from the vet ( I call it very conveinent ) and a pet specialty when I get there

canned - pets store supermarket chain store pet supermarket

dry- feed store or pet store

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops, I meant to do two.

Their dry food (Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul) comes from a local feed store, so I picked other.

Their wet food (Nutro Natural Indoor) I get from Petsmart/Petco, so I should have also selected pet store.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ox eats the Chicken soup cat food which I have only found locally at pet supplies plus. The moist food comes from a WI chain of stores called Fleet Farm-$9.84 for a case of the big cans!!! As tey built a new store they also carry Nutro Natural MUCH MUCH cheaper than any pet store-this week the large bags are on sale $21.89!!!! I'm going to get a couple of bags this week!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nutro, which i feed about half the time comes from the petstore.. usually petsmart.
I usually buy the wet food at walmart.. my kids will pretty much only eat junk.. sometimes if petsmart is having a sale on friskies.
Sometimes if there is a good sale on purina one I pick that up at the supermarket, or if there is a coupon that I can double for wet food and make out pretty good on wet food or treat I i will buy it there.