Ouch that hurts!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night my cell phone was in the kitchen in my purse and I was sitting in the living room. My phone started ringing and it was my parents ringtone. So I get up and go running in there. On the way I slipped on the throw rug at the bottom of the stairs and slid a little way and fell hard on my left side. My back is sore my left arm is slightly swollen and my left hip hurts really bad. I can't twist my arm without it hurting.
I hope it feels better soon! I have a busy weekend planned!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can soooooooooo sympathiize - especially after my fall on Wednesday.
Take 2 of your fav OTC pain med and hug a kitty.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ouch! make sure you take some anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen, it'll help a lot, you'll probably feel good as new by Saturday night.... I once slipped on my front steps when they were icy and landed right on my car
knocked the wind right out of me and I had a huge bruise on thigh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad I am not the only gracefuly one here! Now both legs are messed up since Wednesday I went bike riding and decided to attached a water holder onto my bike and scraped my right knee several times on it leaving angry red scratches and a bruise, the fall yesterday has my entire left side aching!
Maybe I just need to take it easy this weekend!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, maybe you should take it easy. Cuddle up with a good book or movie and a couple of kitties. Maybe let the SO wait on you hand and foot?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Yes, maybe you should take it easy. Cuddle up with a good book or movie and a couple of kitties. Maybe let the SO wait on you hand and foot?
I wish Lee would wait on me hand and foot! When I told him what happened he LAUGHED! (Its is kinda funny but that doesn't make it not hurt) So there is no sympathy from him!
But I am making him go to pick up the dining room table we are getting from a friend and I am gong to go to a baby shower!
I think that is a pretty fiar trade off!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

just wrap yourself up in bubble wrap and you'll be safe
As much as I manage to hurt myself I am not so sure bubble wrap will be enough!
It gets to the point where my legs are so bruised up Lee will ask what'd you do and i say WHO KNOWS!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

As much as I manage to hurt myself I am not so sure bubble wrap will be enough!
It gets to the point where my legs are so bruised up Lee will ask what'd you do and i say WHO KNOWS!!
You'll have to use the industrial strength variety
you know the kind with the really big bubbles?

I've had that happen! just a couple weeks ago I had a huge, dark bruise on my left forearm and another one on the back of my right upper arm-absolutely no idea how I got them, but they sure looked like it must have hurt! Maybe my kitties are beating me up in my sleep

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I learned the hard way that answering the phone in a rush is not a good idea. A few years ago, I was alone in my appt. and I heard my phone ringing. I had just come out of the shower. I got to the phone, it was my mother, answered it and went running back into the bathroom to get a towel (I was completely naked). Anyway, I slipped and hit my head on the sink cabinet. Next thing I knew, the paramedics were there and I was lying on my bathroom floor naked. Mom had called 911 when she heard the fall and I stoppped talking. I'm not sure if my head or my pride hurt more...

I hope you take it easy and feel better!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh MY Get rid of that rug!! It's good to see I'm not the only one that has these mishaps. I slipped on Sevs Tail because it was dark and he was laying on the stairs and I did not know it and fell down 4-5 stairs on my left shoulder...I could not lift my arm over my shoulder area at all for months..screwed up my workouts for sure! I ALWAYS SAY ONE OF THESE DAYS A CAT WILL KILL US ON THE STAIRS! At least you didn't trip over or fall n the cats!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh MY Get rid of that rug!! It's good to see I'm not the only one that has these mishaps. I slipped on Sevs Tail because it was dark and he was laying on the stairs and I did not know it and fell down 4-5 stairs on my left shoulder...I could not lift my arm over my shoulder area at all for months..screwed up my workouts for sure! I ALWAYS SAY ONE OF THESE DAYS A CAT WILL KILL US ON THE STAIRS! At least you didn't trip over or fall n the cats!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!
HTe girls stay out of my whay! I am just glad I slid away from the stairs. It could have been ugly.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww, sorry to hear that. You'll be feeling better soon though. Jerry always says, take a double shot of Jack Daniels and call me in the morning!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon. Get rid of that rug! And it could have been worse, it could have been a kitty, or something that used to be in a kitty!!!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there are times when I go into a super klutzy mode!! I have so many bumps/scratches/bruises at times people will shake their head when they see me!!
Take some ibuprofen and use some ice if needed!!!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I think there are times when I go into a super klutzy mode!! I have so many bumps/scratches/bruises at times people will shake their head when they see me!!
Hehe, me too. I have so many bruises I can never tell you where they all came from. I'm forever hitting my legs on the coffe table or the dishwasher, or running into the side of door frames when trying to leave a room. Yeah, I am a huge klutz!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just read this whole thread and I am SO glad I am not alone in the klutz camp!
The other day I looked like I was an abuse victim because of all the bruising on me! I had two on my arms (one on each) one on my butt ( don't ask me how it got there!) and I don't know how many on my legs! It was terrible, I felt like people were looking at me and DH and thinking, why does she stay with that guy if he does that to her!? So I started to wear pants until all the brusing on my legs went away. Most of my brusing comes from work. I'd say probably 95% of it. Running into things, unloading the truck, running into coworkers
, you name it, I've done it there.