Hello!!

enb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I would like to first off, thank you for providing an educational forum for people like myself!

Im a 16 y/o girl....My mother bred persian cats years and years ago (before I was born) and then got into breeding dogs. I have never owned a cat in my life but I can safely say I've never been without a canine companion and am well versed in responsible pet ownership.

About a week ago my boyfriend, roomate and I were driving throughout the backroads( we live in a small rural town) at night and 20 feet in front of us was a kitten on the road!
I ran out and scooped the little one up and we drove around looking for its mother and siblings.

Sadly we never found the mother or any other kittens so we took the little one home.

I've fallen in love with the little fellow and he fits right into the family. I adore this little gaffer

Seeing as how I have never owned a cat before I figured it would be a good idea to learn as much as possible. I only want the best life for my animals.

I bought a few cans of Whiska cat food for the time being, but I know that I wont feed my dog anything that you can buy from a grocery store.....any other suggestions? or is this food fine?

He is not purebred and I have no desire to breed him...when is the average age to get your cat nuetered?

We order our vaccinations direct from the supplier, what vaccines would be reccomeneded?

I have literally NO supplies nor any idea of what I need to properly care for this little one. Would any one be able to give me a list of supplies needed?

And last but not least :
How do you discipline a kitten? I would never use any physical punishment on my dog (with the exception of formal corrective OB training...). He is generally a very well behaved little guy but when he does get in trouble I have no idea how to get him to 1) stop the behaviour 2) LEARN not to do it again.

Thank you all soo much and so sorry for the long thread!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!

Maybe you should post a thread in the Health and Nutrition forum?, we have alot of very knowledge people here that would love to help

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Welcome to TCS!!

Maybe you should post a thread in the Health and Nutrition forum?, we have alot of very knowledge people here that would love to help
Great idea! I know that our vet recommends 6 months of age for neutering. My kitties eat Nutrience and the vet says that it is an excellent choice for them. I know there are lots of very nutritous cat foods out there. I'm with you - grocery store cat food - no!

Welcome and enjoy your new little baby!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS
We are so glad you have joined us!

If you have any questions as you make your way around the site please let me know. You can do so by simply clicking on my user name and sending me a private message. I will be happy to help in any way I can

Miss Mew made a wonderful suggestion about visiting our Health & Nutrition forum to find answers to your questions. You can do a search for information relevant to your questions, or if you prefer, please feel free to start your own thread

I look forward to seeing you on the board!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

enb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much! I look forward to posting

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnB

And last but not least :
How do you discipline a kitten?
Welcome to TCS!

Got to be very patient with kittens! They're curious, overactive and unaware of danger.