Worried about Kenzie (2 1.2 wk old kitten)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had my 3 foster babies for a while now: Lex, Kenzie & Keiko. When i first got Lex (ragdoll mix around 2 1.2 - 3wks....he was sick and bairly hanging on- now he is completely well and fat as a little piglet. Kenzie & Keiko are around 2 weeks old from black dsh's. Kenzie is the runt...but she and keiko both have put on a healthy amount of weight since i've had tem. I just got done feeing them a few minutes ago (it's 4am) and i noticed Kenzie was sneezing a little bit. (no bubbles or fluid in her lungs from her feedings- i'm very very careful with her). Her eye has also been pretty bad since i've been fostering her (when a good samaritan found the kittens- some boys had killed the momma and were in the process of hurting the kittens - well, they scratched up Kenzie's eye..and the bad thing is, it was just when her eyes were naturally starting to open- so she's had issues with her left eye
) All three kittens have alredy been to the vet- i have been giving them clavamox 2x/ day and their eye ointment 2x a day as well...however, i don't think it's helping little Kenzie enough, and since she started sneezing a bit tonight ( she hasn't had a bath lately(just baby wipes)- i'm waiting for her to improve before i bathe her...she hasn't been chilld- there is a heating pad and warm fleecy blankets in their carrier and i monitor the temperature...and to my knowledge since i'm very careful on how i feed my kittens, she shouldn't have any milk or anything in her lungs- so she shouldn't be sneezing.)So seeing how i'm a concerned little foster momma,
and i want to rule out any potential medical issues- i'm calling the shelter tomorrow to arrange for one of the vets to check her out...while i'm there i'm also going to arrange for Lex & Keiko to be examined as well just to be on the safe side. It's 4 am now, so when they open in the morning i'm calling and will have the babies checked out just to be safe. Please send my little furbabies some good vibes! They've been through the mill- i don't want those little ones to get ill on top of that as well. I'll keep everyone posted on what the vet says tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update: I wasn't able to get the kittens into the vet yesterday, but i did get them in this morning. I just took Keiko & Kenzie though, Lex is looking and doing awesome, so no need for him to go
. / Kenzie was put on a new antibiotic eye oinment, and we are keeping her on clavamox 2x / day. Keiko was given some antifungal cream for one spot on top of his little head that we suspect to be ringworm. He too is getting clavamox 2x / day and eye oinment as a precaution. I'm keeping Keiko & Kenzie completely seperate from Lex for the time being just to be on the safe side- they sleep in seperate "kitten quarters"....but i had been letting them play in the playpen together...so i will not be allowing them to do that a while to prevent Lex from getting ill. Lex will be getting his first bath tomorrow
- hehe, he's gonna love that
./ Kenzie & Keiko will not be getting their first baths until after they are completly well
Thankyou for all of the great vibes everyone! My kitties and i greatly appreciate them!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, sounds like your babies really had a difficult beginning. I know I had a litter that all got the sneezes, and it cleared up quickly without antibiotics. (The vet said meds weren't necessary in my kittens case.)

Best of luck with these little ones!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Wow, sounds like your babies really had a difficult beginning. I know I had a litter that all got the sneezes, and it cleared up quickly without antibiotics. (The vet said meds weren't necessary in my kittens case.)

Best of luck with these little ones!
Thankyou for keeping up with the thread! My little furbabies have definitely had a rough start...but hopefully they will improve
. They're being monitored around the clock and i'm spoiling them rotten with love and kisses
. Kenzie is the one i'm worried about the most at the moment- but even after one dose of her new eye meds, i can already see a difference! So i'm excited
. Have a good night!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for the vibes!!! All 3 of my little ones are looking better today and eating like piglets

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update- Kenzie still looks pretty aweful- but i can see a slight improvement today
My baby is making progress! She's gotten to be quite a sassy pants too! She orderes around little Keiko everywhere lol- she's definitely a little woman