Any Pacific Northwesterners?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just moved here two months ago... would LOVE to get together. I know there's a few of us here... I'm up in NE Portland... and can go nearly anywhere (provided the Big Black Ugly - my van - doesn't bust another gasket on me). I kinda put together the Chicago one a few months back.

Anytime, and nearly anywhere. Okay, except the end of September to Early October... I'll be visiting friends and family in Reno and the SF/Bay Area. i think...

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does desperately wanting to move to Portland count? ^^;;

I visited Portland in May with my hubby (he has family there) and totally fell in love with it. He has said that we can move there in a few years but I want to go now!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a native Oregonian. I live about an hour south of Portland in the country.

neighbors!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Missed me by about a year! I lived in Portland for just over 7 years. Really miss it!! I lived all over....right off Sylvan/26, Beaverton by Washington Square, SE Division/162nd (not a good area) and finally Gresham off Powell and Hogan/242nd. Gresham is a really nice town.

Anyhooo, glad to hear you like it!

Only reason I moved back here is tuition was too expensive!!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
resurrecting the Pacific N'westerners thread:

Are we all still game for a gathering? (I still have lots of kitty-themed goodies to give away from Chicago) Anyone know of a good restaurant or coffee shop we can meet at?

On a side note, anyone know of a good (but cheap) petsitter here (or is willing to do it)? I want to head south at the end of this month (and early October), but I don't have someone to watch the furkids. My neighbor is willing, BUT she has advanced cancer and has too many 'bad days' where she's in a lot of pain. I can't, in good conscience, make her come down here every day... when if she has a day where she has to stay in the hospital? Then who'll feed my furkids? Anyway... any suggestions?

Anyway, I'm wiling to help plan the gathering...

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
don't know anyone in NE yet- I am REALLY new here. and the places I have found that are great to eat and linger are the Grand Central Bakeries and the Cafe at the College of Arts and Craft on SW Barnes. Where do you like to eat? I am creating a women's book group hosted at my house next Tuesday early evening. I am in the middle of a kitchen redo and everyone may be horrified by the clutter but as a friend said... who wants that sort of person for a friend anyway? Want to join us RSM? (what's your name?)
Diana

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

don't know anyone in NE yet- I am REALLY new here. and the places I have found that are great to eat and linger are the Grand Central Bakeries and the Cafe at the College of Arts and Craft on SW Barnes. Where do you like to eat? I am creating a women's book group hosted at my house next Tuesday early evening. I am in the middle of a kitchen redo and everyone may be horrified by the clutter but as a friend said... who wants that sort of person for a friend anyway? Want to join us RSM? (what's your name?)
Diana
I'm Amanda. I put it at the top of my siggy, so I wouldn't have to keep typing it...

I haven't gotten out as much in terms of eateries... my neighborhood is kinda skimpy on the cool places. I'm at 82nd and Sandy, which isn't the hippest area of Portland. I understand Biscuits is supposed to be really good (got that tip from a fellow Foodie), but haven't gone yet, mostly due to a lack of steady funds, and the fact I hate eating out alone.

We could all do brunch at Biscuits or something... unless folks would prefer downtown, as it's more local and easier to get to via all types of transportation (though parking isn't cheap).

Oh clutter is one of my middle names... my place is constantly a mess. Though I did get a compliment from a neighbor last night. She said my palce doesn't smell like I have cats... which is amazing... being the litterbox was right behind the couch and needed cleaning... not to mention all the cat toys strewn ALL over the floor.

Has a book been chosen and currently being read or is this a brand new group?

I'm a member of DinnerGrrls, which is a networking group here.. JUST for ladies. Awesome women there. I have also joined a few oter things... but havent' done too much, as I'm still looking for work and all that stuff. I ran a small craft party a couple weeks ao here at my place... and plan on doing it fairly regularly.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

Diana
If you like Mexican food, you should try La Sirenita. It's on NE Alberta and about 28th. You get alot for cheap $$. Don't go between about 11 and 2 unless you want to stand awhile in line.

For friends and things to do, check out www.meetin.org, then look for "Portland". They have alot of fun things going on. Also, SE Hawthorne between about 30th and 40th is happening.

Did you hit the brewfest back in July?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
duh. if I had looked I would have seen Amanda, so forgive me. getting downtown is super easy for me. I just can hop the 44 and then move around the free zone, do it all the time. Benn over to the Hawthorne area, my favoite cat store is there Cat's meow. But I must confess that I find myself staying on the west side more often than not. The bok group is just beginning, tuesday at six we will meet ( via craig'slist) and pick a book. Funds here are limited too because we have not sold our other house yet so we are paying for a double life ans one is expensive enough. So eating out consists of Thai Orchid takeout, something to go from trader joe's. But when I have money I imagne the portland food scene is awesome. I did go to Wildwood when a girlfriend came to town and found it awesome.

The beer fest isn't my thing. but i am loving the coffee/ bakery places. once my kitchen redo is done I can whip up all sorts of wonderful things from the many ethnic food stores peppered through the city. It's a wonderful place and makes me very happy to be here.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, is this for Portlanders or what? You say PNW but that means Oregon, WA, Idaho and B.C. for the most part!

I live near Leah, just north of Mt. Rainier on the Seattle side in the hills.

We have at least 4 -5 people in Washington and B.C. that had just talked about this last month. If it's just an Oregon thing then cool, otherwise, you'll need to make it maybe in the "middle" for all to attend, if it's truly PNW.

Bumping this up~~