Help! Fixing the cat tree

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need help.
Andy damaged a post of his tree. I would like to put rope around it so he can scratch on it. Does anybody know which rope its best to fix it? Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m thinking about using staples at the beginning and end but I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know how to start. I would like some tips because Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m concern about the staples; I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want him to get caught on them. Which is the right way to place the rope around the tree using staples? Also, which glue is safe for cats?

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ebay has all sorts of things like this, and this.

I have also used plain rope from Home Depot, anchoring it with a huge heavy duty staple gun, and hot glueing the rest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the tips. I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think about hot glue. Nice.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could also staple the rope, then instead of wraping the rope in the direction you started, fold it back over the staple, and wind it the other way around the post. Make sense? Like, if you started it, stapled it, then kept wrapping it would look like this: ---(rope)---STAPLE---(rope)---, but instead of that, after stapling, fold the rop over and go in the other direction, so the staple is under the rope, maybe keeping it out of kitty's way.
I hope that makes sense : )
Hot glue gun might just be easier

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like your idea Marishka (like your name). About the glue, I was asking because I want to use it on something else for Andy.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cande

I like your idea Marishka (like your name). About the glue, I was asking because I want to use it on something else for Andy.
Thanks
When naming my first cat ever, I wanted an 'M' name since my turtle is named Maya. And, I just like saying it!

I actually work at a craft store, so most of the time I am fieldind these kinds of questions...but as long as it states non-toxic, it should be safe. I would stay away fron most epoxy type glues like rubber cement or others that state they are an epoxy (there is a reason from what someone told me, but I can't remember anymore
)