The "How was you day" Thread

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...
Ok so I'm super bored, I had plans but my plans arent answering thier phone. So I'm stuck with a time of super lack of action. So I decided to start a "How was your day" Thread. Just kind of talk/vent about the things that happened today.
They way I figure, here, we can talk about the dumb things that happened in your day, the things you talk to your spouse about, but they dont REALLY listen. Ya know? Like how was work? What was your house like when you got home? Anything exciting happen today? Kind of like a TCS blog of nothingness..I'm just bored is all. Entertain me for a moment. It's ok if this thread doesnt last long, I'm just bored, and trying to cure that.
So here's my day...

So today I got up at 4:30 am for work, only to find out I didnt get the days I REQUESTED off..Off. So I was instantly mad about that, and it ruined my whole day at work. But I won BINGO at work, and got 50 bucks because of it..So it made it better.
So then, I get home almost out of gas..lol..I never get gas. And the house was actually decent. Cleaner then when I left for work. That's a plus. Brandon left for work, and I'm with my daughter and we're just being lazy. The cats think I have never fed them scince they were born.
Even though they were fed already today.
My mom finally got home from the hospital..She's been real sick, but I'm glad she's home.
We talked for a while. I hate her doctor, and plan to call that
up, and let her know some things. Tomarrow, I have to work at my other job, OOOPS that reminds me, I need a baby-sitter. Good thing I made this here thread.

So, How was YOUR day?
Hey..Let's add a "current mood" thing.
My Current Mood: Alright..Not bad.
And when you post about your day..Put it on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the BEST DAY EVER!
And 1 being THE WORST day ever.
My number for today: 3

AND GUESS WHAT?!
I just noticed it says "How was you day"
So..My suggestion..Can someone change that to the not so typo right way to spell it?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day consists of NO SLEEP from the night before as I have TERRIBLE Insomnia
I have sat here on the puter all day,so I am getting a migrane
I have done NO house work,I asked my DD to throw some burittos in the oven for them for supper
my supper, NOTHING as usual......or I may fry up some zuchinni

no one has called other then my DH to tell me he's on his way home--he's now in the bed as he worked a 16 hour shift and will work 2 more of them in a row.
my current mood is---o.k. I'm tired though
on a scale of 1 to 10..........I'd give mine a 8 cause I didn't talk to my Mom today
LONNNNNNNG story!!
My night will go as follows
feed kids,get hubby up for work
pack his bag(clothes) make his lunch
get him out the door
get kids ready for bed/put them to bed
go clean more of our bedroom and bathroom
toss and turn all night long and get LITTLE sleep even after taking 3 OTC sleeping pills
to turn around and do this again tomm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

My day consists of NO SLEEP from the night before as I have TERRIBLE Insomnia
I have sat here on the puter all day,so I am getting a migrane
I have done NO house work,I asked my DD to throw some burittos in the oven for them for supper
my supper, NOTHING as usual......or I may fry up some zuchinni

no one has called other then my DH to tell me he's on his way home--he's now in the bed as he worked a 16 hour shift and will work 2 more of them in a row.
my current mood is---o.k. I'm tired though
on a scale of 1 to 10..........I'd give mine a 8 cause I didn't talk to my Mom today
LONNNNNNNG story!!
My night will go as follows
feed kids,get hubby up for work
pack his bag(clothes) make his lunch
get him out the door
get kids ready for bed/put them to bed
go clean more of our bedroom and bathroom
toss and turn all night long and get LITTLE sleep even after taking 3 OTC sleeping pills
to turn around and do this again tomm.
OWI!
The life of a mom/wife....
I need some sleeping pills too..Or a better mattress.
& How come he can't pack his own lunch & Clothes!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come he can't pack his own lunch & Clothes!
Oh he can!!! But,I am the type of wife that believes I "should" do it for him.If he comes in at 2 in the am,I am sitting up waiting for him.No matter what time he comes in,I am waiting for him.If he's hungry, then I will make him something to eat also.Be it something simple as a grilled cheese or something as major as a steak,baked potato, and a veggie.
If he was to pack his lunch, he would just pick up something on his way to work.
Plus, I feel bad that he works anywhere from 48 to 64 hours a week in EXTREME heat.So, why not do something do something for him

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day was alright...maybe a 4 or 5
I didn't sleep much last night( feeding foster kittens every few hours)
I was a little bummed today- found out i wasn't pregnant
I tried eating Soy **** today....and found it highly disghusting lol...i'm newly diagnosed as lactose intolerant, so i'm attempting to get used to not eating as much or no dairy
We'll see
My kitties had a good day- Colin came by for lunch, so Jasmine was really excited to see "her boyfriend"
I'm still job hunting and tomorrow i'm getting my hair cut

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the "finding out not pregnant" feeling. We've kind of been trying for one, and last week I thought FOR SURE it was for real, but it wasnt.
It's hard to not get that "oh my gosh I'm pregnant!" thing going on, and then find out you're not. I feel ya on that one.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the hug i needed it. I was pretty bummed out when i discovered i wasn't. I can't wait to be a mom. But when the time's right i guess it will happen
. Sounds like you need a hug too
Try not to stress too much over concieving...you will only be stressed out and miserable...it will happen when the time is right- just enjoy the process...you'll get there eventually! I bet your daughter will make a sweet older sis when the time is right. Keep your chin up
Thanks for consoling me

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a LOOOOOONG day for me... Got up at 4:30 this morning.. took DH to work at 5:45... came home got ready for work and the kids for school.. I was at work by 7:30 this morning. First thing this morning the copier crapped out on me in the middle of making 28 packets for our Lab classes today. Then I had to haul it all upstairs, that copier was broke too.... figures
So I gave up and went to a small maching in my office.
Then at 8:00 we had a casting/splinting workshop for our clinical student that we had to set-up for... and clean up after... then we had to rearrange the classroom for the new students coming in...fun fun
I walked more today then I have in about a year
I got so lazy at one point I was sitting in my chair rolling around the office doing things lol.
All of our new students in the Physician Assistant Program were coming tonight so when it was time to leave at 4:30 they were piling in already but I had to leave to pick up DH for the "meet and greet" dinner tonight. We got there about 10 mins late but at this point I really didn't care... no one was upset anyways.. We ate and I introduced everyone to DH... My supervisor and I were cleaning up the food when she told me to take home some of the baked ziti and handed me a 15lb pan of ziti
needless to say, DH did NOT refuse that
My son's therapist called and canceled her appt tonight. Normally I would be upset but tonight I was a little relieved

We have been working non-stop for the last 3 days... literally...doing estimates for roofs... My mood.... Ok, tired...my day rating... hmmm bout a 7-8 just because I am WORN OUT!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Current mood - relaxed
On a scale of 1-10 - 8 I guess

It's been a pretty good day. DH took the car today, so I decided to cycle in to work for the first time since I started. It took about 30 minutes and was a really nice ride, and all along bike lanes on the road which was nice!

Work was hectic, but I was able to leave by 4:15 and get home before the roads got too busy. So I tried a slightly different way home which wasn't as nice, but still fine and it was really nice to get the exercise!

Now I'm about to start an online exam, and DH will cook me dinner when he gets home
He's been cooking dinner pretty much every night since I started studying - and they've been damn good meals as well!! Better than what I was doing...

So, I'm feeling pretty content. I have my kitties both hanging with me, and am just psyching myself to start this exam!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks for the hug i needed it. I was pretty bummed out when i discovered i wasn't. I can't wait to be a mom. But when the time's right i guess it will happen
. Sounds like you need a hug too
Try not to stress too much over concieving...you will only be stressed out and miserable...it will happen when the time is right- just enjoy the process...you'll get there eventually! I bet your daughter will make a sweet older sis when the time is right. Keep your chin up
Thanks for consoling me
Oh babe..I am surely not stressing about conceiveing that's for sure. I love things the way they are now..But we really would like to have another child..and soon.
I just dont want to be pregnant again. I hated it. And money wise, it's not the smartest thing to do..But it's what we want.
So it's kind of like a "if it happens..It happens." Kind of thing. We're trying, but not like SUPER trying you know? I wouldnt mind either way. Plus, I've been having the AWESOMEST body scince like 7th grade, and being pregnant would make me want to eat donughts all day.
Which you are ALLOWED to do whilest pregnant.

And DixieDarlin..WOW! WHAT A DAY! See..That's what I'm talking about..Just the crap that we dont usually talk about because no one cares, cept me.
And a few others on here. COME ON NOW! Like 52 views here..And there are certainly not 52 replies here. lol. Man..I think I should sleep, or go out or something! I'm dieing here! BTW..I found a sitter.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a pretty good day I would say an "8"
Finished painting the kitchen-think orange creamsicle!!! Its a color that will go with lots of other warm and cool colors. So now I just have to hang pics and get the counters cleaned up!!
Made vet appts for 3 cats, other errands, took a nap too.
Then I advertised on freecycle for a cat carrier which i will pick up tomorrow-the person lives like a block away from my new landscaping gig!!!
Played w/my neighbors dog too.
All and all not a bad day!!!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Current mood - relaxed
On a scale of 1-10 - 8 I guess

It's been a pretty good day. DH took the car today, so I decided to cycle in to work for the first time since I started. It took about 30 minutes and was a really nice ride, and all along bike lanes on the road which was nice!

Work was hectic, but I was able to leave by 4:15 and get home before the roads got too busy. So I tried a slightly different way home which wasn't as nice, but still fine and it was really nice to get the exercise!

Now I'm about to start an online exam, and DH will cook me dinner when he gets home
He's been cooking dinner pretty much every night since I started studying - and they've been damn good meals as well!! Better than what I was doing...

So, I'm feeling pretty content. I have my kitties both hanging with me, and am just psyching myself to start this exam!
K..So online exam! Sheesh..AND DH cooking dinner..That sounds spectacular!
Maybe I should pick up an online course or 3.
I certainly have been thinking about going to school again, and everyone's telling me..Oh..go to school online! But that's wierd. No teacher? Strange to me. But I've thought about it. I just have to figure out what the heck it is that I'd like to do in life.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just started, and it's through a university in Australia, so it's distance education - I have text books, study books and all that, I just don't go to lectures, and can do everything in my own time.

I'm doing a Bachelor of Business, which I think will be useful in any sort of career. It requires a bit of juggling, and will take 6 years, but I'm getting settled into it, and I think it's well worth it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been.... just another day

Got up this AM at 5 to wake up John for work (he has a real big problem waking up to his alarm, so I'm up every morning at 5 trying to get him out of bed, while we have 3 different alarms going off
He called in and took the day off, I'm not sure why, but oh well. I wish I could have!!

It rained.... and rained... all day long. It definately made me not want to be at work, at all! Thats everyday... but thats a different story.

My boss went to the bank today to see about opening our new shop.... all went well, BUT, we found there are a few more things that the contractor didn't figure.... which adds on about another $20,000 we weren't expecting. UGH, another weeks wait to meet with the banker.... its SO frusterating. They are wanting to shut us down @ our current place right now, as we are within a dealership, so we've had about a month to start our own business. Its been crazy and hectic. I can't wait til its over. I hope it all works out, otherwise I'm on unemployment, and I will NOT be happy

Came home and made supper.... then John & I sat on the couch and gave eachother foot rubs ( I was in heaven!) and watched HGTV
I love that channel.

My mood.... alright. Could be better. On a scale from 1-10.... I'd say an 8.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day, right?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Its been.... just another day

Got up this AM at 5 to wake up John for work (he has a real big problem waking up to his alarm, so I'm up every morning at 5 trying to get him out of bed, while we have 3 different alarms going off
He called in and took the day off, I'm not sure why, but oh well. I wish I could have!!

It rained.... and rained... all day long. It definately made me not want to be at work, at all! Thats everyday... but thats a different story.

My boss went to the bank today to see about opening our new shop.... all went well, BUT, we found there are a few more things that the contractor didn't figure.... which adds on about another $20,000 we weren't expecting. UGH, another weeks wait to meet with the banker.... its SO frusterating. They are wanting to shut us down @ our current place right now, as we are within a dealership, so we've had about a month to start our own business. Its been crazy and hectic. I can't wait til its over. I hope it all works out, otherwise I'm on unemployment, and I will NOT be happy

Came home and made supper.... then John & I sat on the couch and gave eachother foot rubs ( I was in heaven!) and watched HGTV
I love that channel.

My mood.... alright. Could be better. On a scale from 1-10.... I'd say an 8.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day, right?
Dang! Rubbed each others feet? That's spectacular as well! Wow..I'm getting my hopes up for when my man comes home..Sheesh, We got Spouses making dinner, rubbing feet, WHAT'S NEXT?! He'll come home & we'll play our video game that we play, and then go to bed like usual. lol.
Don't you just wish there was a different more happier "Work"? You know? Like there was just one job for each person, and that one job made the ONE person be happy because of it..BUT NOOO! There has to be dumb jobs that no one REALLY likes. I sure do hope I find the right job someday..and maybe someday I'll stop spending all my money on clothes and accessories for me & my daugher!
Kenz..Imagine if you had a daughter, and how much $$ you'd spend on her.
Just to have cute stuff!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My night is definitely going better than my day was
. Today was my mom's birthday...so i made her dinner. / other than that, i've just been feeding the foster kittens and taking care of the other animals. Lex, my little ragdoll mix i'm fostering at the moment tried to rip one of the other kittens heads off earlier....so he's on "kitty probation"
he can't be left alone with the others unsupervised. (Kieko & Kenzie sleep together and Lex has his own cage). I named the other two kitties- Kieko & Kenzie- they're adorable
. I literally do not have a single dollar in my purse
so i guess i need to cash my check tomorrow lol. My job hunting today was a total wash out...so hopefully tomorrow will be better. right now i would say i'm around a 7. That's definitely better than earlier.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day went fairly well, I'd say about a 6. It would've been higher but hubby snapped at me just before I left for work and that brought my night down and I felt poopy and snappish because of it.
But it wasn't to busy and the closers I had though they weren't the best, did do a good job, which made my night better and then hubby called to say he was sorry which made my night even better! I hate how DH's can be such poopheads sometimes. I guess he realized he was in the doghouse when I walked out without saying anything but "see ya" when I left. No kisses, no "I love you" nothing. I was so mad at him I could spit nails. So he called me later in the night telling me that I was the most important thing in his life and how sorry he was to make me angry blah, blah blah!
he's such a booty kisser when he's in trouble! That's why I love him!

Current mood, Tired!
overall between 7-8 I guess.
Let's hope that tomorrow goes fast and is over quickly. I hate working 13 hours.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah..Guys can be dumb..And then make all up for it in a second. They got that "charm" thing. It's cute, but annoying at the same time.

13 hours is not good. I know how you feel. Ugh..Drink an energy drink when you wake up. It'll help bunches.