Ambush Cats!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we all have cats who like to lie in ambush, from under the bed, the couch, or any corner of the house, who love to attack without provocation. Yes, everytime I enter a room in the house I can expect a sudden attack. so I am especially careful when carrying anything from room to room as we have a four month old kitten who loves playing his ambush cat attacks. I know that we do not have an unusual kitten, but would love to hear from other people who are constantly attacked in ambush from their beloved friends. Just a topic of conversation.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Yup, Oliver does it too... when we're at my parents', he especially likes doing it to my black lab, who wont see him get into position, then she walks buy and he springs out and pats her on the snoot or butt with his paws and runs off... it's cute!

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seamus will do it when I'm going up the stairs, exactly when I don't want him to. Gator will ambush us by pretending to be all cuddly and wanting affection, then when you pet him, he'll 'attack' your hand. Both cats will often lie in wait for the dog and will jump on her from above, at which point a game of tag ensues.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari does it to Topaz all the time just to bop her butt. Once she caught him, though, and turned and whacked him across the ears.

euterpe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Libby does this, wherever me or my husband go. She's just over 3 months and i'm the same as you, Ivan, when it comes to carrying things. She has a bell on her collar and if i'm walking to a room with a full drink in my hand and i hear her, i stop dead till I see her in front of me. She loves to hide round anything she can and jump at our legs.

I still find it funny every time she does it - especially the way she suddenly runs afterwards. Sometimes I even wonder if she's trying to play tag with me!

Related to this i'll ask my own question. Does anyone elses cat have an obsession with bare legs? Libby already has a foot/sock/shoe obsession (we have to hide my husbands shoes now or we find the insoles randomly placed around the house and she loves to take socks and run off with them). If we have shorts on, though, or just got out of the shower... she won't stop jumping at our legs. It's really odd!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Euterpe

I still find it funny every time she does it - especially the way she suddenly runs afterwards. Sometimes I even wonder if she's trying to play tag with me!
LOL, she might be playing tag. My Smidge is not much on ambush b/c she doesnt seem to understand the hiding part...she comes running, swats me with her paw, then dashes off with a triumphant look on her face! And she only does it when she's in that wild playful mood.

My RB kitty Tess was big on ambush in the basement on the way to the laundry. She crouched behind a chair and waited, as long as it took, to ambush us while we had a load in our arms.