Dinner Ideas

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am trying to have a more scheduled eating schedule so I can eat better an save money.
Does anyone have any good dinner ideas and recipes????

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
spaghetti! cheap, easy and filling! I need to do that too, plan out meals etc, I spend way too much money on fast food, plus my waistline doesn't approve

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go get the American Heart Association Meals in Minutes cookbook. Lots of quick, easy, healthy recipes. They taste good too. For me, if I know I have something easy to make at home, I'll be less likely to want to eat out.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

spaghetti! cheap, easy and filling!
I'll second that.. mostly because I reallllly want spaghetti and meatballs right now.. but I think I have to wait until this weekend.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Imperial!!!!!!!!!!
It rocks!!! I love to make it.
http://www.raspberryworld.com/recipe...l_chicken.html
The recipe i use is a little different than this one, but mine is out of an old cook book and i modified it a bit- this one sounds good too. instead of bread crumbs, i've found that crushed corn flakes are much better. I also used basil, rosemary and a bit of other seasonings to add flavor to it. And i cut the chicken up a bit. I also add a pinch of monzerella or parmesian to the top of it right when i take it out of the oven and let it melt on top! It's awesome!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make these 2 for my yahoos(kids) all the time
Mac-n-cheese with hot dogs cut up and mixed in it
mac-n-cheese with cooked hamburger in it
Stew is easy and fairly cheap also.
Veggie soup
I have 4 kids, so I am the Queen when it comes to making meals last and cheap!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I'm wanting for recipe ideas I go to this website:

http://www.allrecipes.com/

It's basically recipes submitted by REAL people. Every one has tons of reviews and ratings with people saying what they did and didn't like about it and what they would or did do differently.

You can also search for recipes based on different things, like my favorite...what ingredients you want to use or have on hand. I swear, this site is AWESOME! It was my addiction before I got Anya and discovered TCS.