Gold teeth for a cat!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is kinda evil looking!

Who would put gold teeth on their cat? Don't they know that platinum is the way to go?!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

That is kinda evil looking!

Who would put gold teeth on their cat? Don;t they nkow that platinum is that way to go?!
golly gee willickers that is too wierd, looks like something Dr Evil would have done to Mr Bigglesworth

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol that's awesome! when i get my dental hygiene degree, maybe i can clean kitty teeth too
and their "Grills"

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they supposed to be like grills? I though at first they were just done for looks (which looks kinda silly) but I was actually worried about my Himmalayan's teeth because he has two that stick out also but one is on the top and one on the bottom. His mouth is all screwed up.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Are they supposed to be like grills? I though at first they were just done for looks (which looks kinda silly) but I was actually worried about my Himmalayan's teeth because he has two that stick out also but one is on the top and one on the bottom. His mouth is all screwed up.
I don't believe so. Considering it was a dentist's cat, he was probably just attempting to preserve the integrity and remaning enamel of the cat's teeth by coating it with gold to reduce abrasions and irritations. It's a normal dental procedure, just not very common on animals. I personally brush ALL of my animals teeth every day- it's hysterical, they just sit there now, they're all used to it lol. If a cat has messed up teeth, it's not a bad idea to take it in for a regular dental cleaning by a liscenced vet. Also, some cats that develop gingavitious and other gum issues will need to have fangs removed if they develop advanced dental diseases and issues- otherwise it will affect their ability to eat and can also affect their liver over time. Hope that kinda clears things up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does look wierd, scary even, but if it helps the kitty's teeth, AWESOME!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This was posted on another message board I belong to - the gold is just coincidence, it happens to be the best material to strengthen them. It's just funny that they're gold - but he couldn't have chosen a better material for them.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that cat has wonky teeth... I guess it's because of the "smushed" Persian face.
I've heard of gold teeth for dogs if they break their teeth--or even titanium! It's usually working police dogs though, who need their canine teeth for their jobs...