Help me! Personal Matter...

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I said ladies because this is a lady issue.

I need some advice. Its a very personal, and frightening matter.
I am late. A week late. I am also very bloated, and I am constantly nauseous.

Those of you who have been pregnant, does this sound right? I have thought I was before, and went and spent money on tests, and I wasn't... I am nervous to go again. But that time it was me being paranoid, I wasn't even really late.
This time, however I am. A whole week. I am only 19, but... I have been on a regular schedule since I was 15, never missing a beat. I am concerned, but want an unbiased second opionion. Thank you for reading, and I apologise for the 'taboo' issue... I just know that there are some great ladies on here that could help me out.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you under a lot of stress? Stress can make you late. But to make you feel better go take a test. It will stop you from worrying so its worth the 10 or 12 bucks!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might just be late?, Have you been stressed at all because that can make you late.

I can imagine how scared you must be but it's best to get a proper test done to make sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't been too stressed, no more than usual. I have never been late before... I am trying not to stress now, I just want to get some advice and calm myself down. I have heard that stress can affect test results.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stressing about it can actually cause phantom symptoms.

The ladies that already responded are correct - the only way to know for sure is to get a test done, and the most accurate tests are not the OTC tests or urine tests, but a blood test called a beta sub unit.

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do know to get a test. That was never a question. Its just a matter of waiting. I would be going to my doctor for a test. What I should have asked is ' If I am already a week late, should I wait a little longer, just in case something is causing me to be late'

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well there is no real reason to stress about it, if you have been using contraception properly.
I sometimes stress because of condoms, but if you know they havent broke in the last month then dont worry!

My periods are a bit messed up in the last 5 months, and i stopped taking the pill last year.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others - I had this happen to me a few months ago - the whole ordeal - nausea, bloating, late - everything. I was about a week late - but it came a few days after, right before I was going to take a test. I wasn't under any stress either. Sometimes your body just plays tricks on you, thats the only time it happened to me, I've been to the dr. since, and everything was fine.

I suggest that if you haven't gotten it in a day or two, to do a test.

Good luck!

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am going to take the nondescript responses as no one thinks I could possibly be pregnant. It is quite possible that I am.
Thank you anyway, for your advice

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have reason to suspect you may be pregnant? If you have been active without using an effective method of contraception, then first of all, shame on you - I know you know better than that! *grin*

If you are worried that an unwanted pregnancy may be developing, see your doctor or local Planned Parenthood clinic. He/She/They will be better equipped to do accurate testing and to discuss options with you.

Now, on to answer your question - when I was pregnant, I didn't feel too differently until about a month into it. Then, I was nauseated - usually first thing when I got up in the morning - and my breasts were very, very sore. I felt tired more often and more easily. Other than that, I did not have any other symptoms until later on in the term.

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Gayef. Yes, there is a good chance I could be. On top of the lateness, with the bloating and nausea, as well as fatigue, I am tired all the time the past few weeks. I know those could be signs, but I am just trying to figure out if they are common early on.
As for the chance I am, my common law 'spouse' and I would probably keep the child. We both want to be parents, although we hoped it wouldnt be so soon!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The naseua and bloating, typical pms sort of things can also just mean your period is trying to get started too... Better to put your mind at rest. This happened to me once and I freaked out because I was not ready. A pregnancy test later and I started my period

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessix

I have heard that stress can affect test results.
Pregnancy tests detect the HCG hormone in your body. Stress will not impede the ability of the test to determine pregnancy

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, the pregnancy scare... I've been there.

I puked every morning for two weeks, I was hungry and thirsty all the time, and I felt dizzy occassionally. I was a little late too, maybe two days, but I'm on the pill and that shouldn't happen. We were freaking out a little bit, and actually jumped up and down for joy together when I got it.

I honestly believe every girl around our age who has any possibility thinks about this sometimes. Some of the time, they're right... but most of the time not.

Get your test, and treat yourself like you are until you know. Just to leave all your options open, unless you already know what you would do.

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I guess the pharmacist was trying to calm me down when she told me that stress can affect levels. Hehe. This really wasn't what I had hoped for in terms of a response, but I am very thankful that everyone took time from the cute kitties to help me out. Thank you all very much!!!
If I do not get it within a few more days, I will go to the doctor.

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what a wonderful cyst! hehe