If you could speak any other language..

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..what would it be?

I want to be fluent in German, but like that's going to happen!
I can also speak some French, very badly though.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Japanese, then I wouldn't have to worry if my anime is subbed or not.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
French... I took two semesters worth in college and can barely remember any of it!! That was only 2 years ago!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, i wish they had a pill that i could take to learn

indonesian, i know alot, but i still get so confused sometiems , or people talk way to fast to understand. however i do know enough to get around with out much problem.

Chinese-GRRRRRRRRRR even after living in hong kong, i did learn to understand alot of the words and to read ,, just dont ask me to say anything, i cant get the tones right.

japanese, hmm i do ok with, i took japanese in school,

oh yea, can i add spelling in english to this list?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably polish up my French, I was actually quite fluent until I stopped studying (and spending summers there) about 5 years ago, it probably wouldn't take me too long to pick it up again... you would think being in an English/French bilingual country I would be better!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat. That would be most helpful. Though there are times, I am sure, when I wouldn't want to know what they are saying!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Cat. That would be most helpful. Though there are times, I am sure, when I wouldn't want to know what they are saying!
You go, Gemlady! I think we'd all like to be able to speak cat sometimes! Actually, though, I'm fluent in English and French -I have a bilingual job! Because of the French, I can understand some of Italian and Spanish but can speak very few words of them. My father speaks quite a few languages - English, French, Swedish and has a good understanding of German and Italian. Oh well!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to be fluent in Japanese, though I do know a little.. I like anime.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Japanese - I wasn't able to understand some of my elderly relatives when I was younger because they didn't speak English.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Italian for me! I do so enjoy hearing the language and hope to one day visit Italy. Spanish would come in a lot more handy, though. I took three years in school, but having not used it, can speak and understand very little.

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hungarian, as my fiancé is fluent and has family over there.

Then we could gosip about others in public!

~Julia

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Italian...and i would finish learning Hebrew. English is my first language and i can speak Spanish pretty well. It would also be cool to learn Vietnamese too...my boyfriend is 1/2 vietnamese (but doesn't look like it lol)...and while he doesn't speak much...his mom was born there and is fluent..so it'd be really cool to speak to her in her native tounge and to the other people when we go out to eat at the Vietnamese resturants.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I speak English and Arabic (bit rusty) and my fiance speaks English and Japanese (he just graduated with a BA in it ). I really wish we had a common language other than English (not to gossip but sometimes it would be handy).

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
considering i speak 3 languages, English, German and Italian. I would like to learn French, it sounds to wonderful