So many posts about litter - submit your vote

elbvc211

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vote for your favorite! There are so many posts about litter, but I wanted to do a poll and see what most of you use!

Since I don't know how to make a poll - can one of the moderators please make these into a poll for me?! Thanks

- Fresh Step
- Tidy Cats
- Feline Pine
- Worlds Best Cat Litter
- Scoop Away
- Cat's Pride
- Arm & Hammer
- Grocery Store Brand
- Other

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feline Pine definately, I have tried literally EVERYTHING and I hate the weird fake chemically smell that clay scoopable litters have. Feline Pine is just nice and fresh and clean and woodsy all the time.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you edit the post, there should be an "Insert Poll" button or something like that. It's pretty user friendly.

And I put a vote in for Fresh Step!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Your poll has been added, and I have moved this to Care & Grooming.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I voted grocery store brand because I pick up the 40 pound buckets the sams club and BJs sells and it's kind of a no-name thing... but it's clumping and odor controlling and I actually love it... Oliver doesn't seem to mind it at all either

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I voted grocery store brand because I pick up the 40 pound buckets the sams club and BJs sells and it's kind of a no-name thing... but it's clumping and odor controlling and I actually love it... Oliver doesn't seem to mind it at all either
I love Sam's Club litter! but I don't have a membership to Sam's and my mom never tells me when she is going
but I use other- Premium Choice, inexpensive and works fairly well

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I voted Arm & Hammer (New! Improved! corn formula), but wish the poll was multiple choice. I keep a couple of boxes of Tidy Cats around as well. I'm afraid of them getting too used to one thing and its being discontinued.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use the Zehr's no-name brand with baking soda mixed in. We used to use the scented kind, but it was causing Oz to wheeze and our vet suggested we switch. It didn't really occur to us that the scented kind was really just for humans -- cats can smell the litter regardless, and the best way to get rid of a bad smell is to clean the darned thing. In retrospect, it was kind of a "well, duh!" revelation, but we didn't realize how bad scented litter could be for our cats' health. Aside from switching from scented to baking soda/unscented, we haven't tried any other brands, and our cats seem quite happy with what we're using ... provided we clean the litterbox on time!

billy8427

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i use to use scoop away but i went to fresh step for one reason over here it much cheaper then the other brands and it tends for me to smell good......
but i am really looking for a good litter that is about the same price as fresh step but that elimates orders better then fresh step because my two cats heh espeically my cat hat just got nurtered useing that bathroom even more

Billy

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use this stuff I found in one of the grocery stores here - I think its called Odor Locker or something. Its wood pellets with a clay covering - biodegradable and clumping, but with better odor management than I found with Swheat Scoop, which I was using before. So far, I like it, but I've only been using it a couple of months.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Nature's MIracle clumping litter--it's biodegradable (the stuff goes right in the toilet) and the cat and I like it. It's also a lot cheaper than some of these others since one litterbox lasts up to three weeks before it needs a change.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Swheat Scoop because it doesn't have chemicals or clay. Sometimes I have to add baking soda. It clumps well if you put enough in the box. It tracks pretty bad but April Joy gets litter all over the place no matter what kind I use.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used so many. Lets see...starting last year we started with swheat scoop. I didn't like the massive clumps it made, more was tossed than was necessary. Then we did feline pine. That worked for a while except it seemed like you were constatly changing the whole box. Then we did World's Best Cat Litter. We stuck with this one for a long time. The downside - its expensive for a couple people pinching pennies to buy a house. So we tried Chicken Feed for litter. That was ok but had an odor I didn't like adn wasn't quite as good at clumping. It was also hard to handle the large 50lb bags.

So now where are we? Back to a basic clay litter. Its either Tidy Cat or Fresh Step, I can't remember. It works great and is very cheap. Perfect.

xandlyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of changing. I've been using Arm and Hammer for a few years now. But I want to cut down on the amount of dust so we are giving Tidy Cats Crystals a try. It's been about a week and so far it is working great (I'm using them in the litter-robot).