I'm a red head!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I woke up blond, and now I am a redhead. Don't you just love a hair color change every once in a while?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Let's just say...they get more...action? Is it true?
I don't know I've only been one for an hour. I'll post later and let you know.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have worn my hair red for about 40 years, I am naturally blonde, I didn't want anyone making blonde jokes at me
I am a hair dresser by trade havent done it in years though, but I never ever have gotten tired of the red, tried everything years ago alway's went back to the red. I think anyone can wear red if it's the right red. I like mine a bit darker red, but then it fades a few times it was way to light felt like bozo, and chucko or Ronald McDonald hated that, never cared for natural red hair...the clowns

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just need to put more pepper on Jeremy's food

I certainly don't need any pepper.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH says that it's "different". That means he doesn't like it. Oh well, he'll grow to like it anyway.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I think anyone can wear red if it's the right red. I like mine a bit darker red, but then it fades a few times it was way to light felt like bozo, and chucko or Ronald McDonald heted that, never cared for natural red hair...the clowns
My own hair is a medium auburn, beautiful color.
But I've got a lot of gray, and when the gray was dyed back to my natural color, it ended up litterally orange in two or three weeks.

Now I keep it dyed a very bright red (think Miranda on Sex and the City), it does a fantasic job of covering the gray for much longer.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's a man, he probably just means that it's different and doesn't care either way!
The fact that he noticed is a bonus

I dyed my hair when I was younger, and then I stopped because my now husband wanted to see it natural, and haven't dyed it since. I had some really bad experiences doing it myself.... I tried red once and it looked washed out because my hair's so thick, so I did the red again just before I went to work, and it was BRIGHT red! Like, blinding people bright... I then had to go to a hairdresser that afternoon and spend about $100 for them to get my hair back to normal.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

He's a man, he probably just means that it's different and doesn't care either way!
The fact that he noticed is a bonus

I dyed my hair when I was younger, and then I stopped because my now husband wanted to see it natural, and haven't dyed it since. I had some really bad experiences doing it myself.... I tried red once and it looked washed out because my hair's so thick, so I did the red again just before I went to work, and it was BRIGHT red! Like, blinding people bright... I then had to go to a hairdresser that afternoon and spend about $100 for them to get my hair back to normal.
I did the same thing, except my hair turned GREEN!!!! So I don't color it any more. It's just boring kind of strawberry blonde.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How fun to change your hair color! I never usually do anything too drastic to mine - last winter I actually had my hairdresser dye it back to my 'natural' color - a light brown with some highlights - it was okay, but I love being a blonde.... so now I just get my highlights every 3 months for $40 and I'm set!

I tried coloring my own hair once, and it turned redish/blondish/brown - it was horrible! I will never trust myself again - always to the hair stylist!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this was professional... $150.00 worth of professional. I love my stylist. I have hair modeled for her in the past, so she does a really good job.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Oh this was professional... $150.00 worth of professional. I love my stylist. I have hair modeled for her in the past, so she does a really good job.
I bet your hair looks great - I always wanted red hair, but I know it wouldn't look good on me!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't go to stylists often, when I do, they thoroughly love me.
My hair is very long and very straight, and easily trained to do just about anything.
I go in for a cut to keep it growing and healthy, I don't want it above my shoulders, but beyond that, I just tell them to have fun with it.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Naturally, I'm a dark ash blond. Over the past couple of years, I've developed gray, at my temples and don't like it. Back in March, I went red again. Last week, with the gray getting more prominent, I applied medium ash blonde and came out strawberry blond - I can live with that, until the gray gets to be too much again.