Another Lady topic!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok girls I have started biking a lot lately. My problem? I have a medium- to large chest and need to strap the girls down. I have been wearing a regular bra with a sports bra on top of that. Its uncomfortable. So what do you use to strap 'em down?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duct tape?
Totally kidding!!

I don't have that problem, so a sports bra works for me.
Have you looked into getting a different kind of sports bra? They have some really good ones out there.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Duct tape?
Totally kidding!!

Good luck!
I have seriously thought about that!! Then I thought about trying to pull it off... OUCH!!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard something on the radio about a 'space bra' - apparently it's the kind that astronauts wear or something....... that should hold them in place!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I have seriously thought about that!! Then I thought about trying to pull it off... OUCH!!
Oh ooouch! When I was a student I couldn't afford the proper tape to hold on low cut tops, so I used to use my housemates double sided tape, it was seeeeriously strong, that hurt! Sometimes I used to just have to leave it on and hop in the shower

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a good, well-fitting, quality bra, you don't need a sports bra. Smashing them like that actually damages the elasticity of the tissue and makes them saggier and also less able to support themselves.
Try one of the "formed cup" variety, the ones that look like they have a breast in them even when they don't. They're like little cradles.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victoria's Secrets sports bra was on sale for $16 and they are very comfortable.

The thing is....when breasts "vibrate" on a bicycle, a lot of times it has more to do with the bike seat than with the bra. If you get the cushionest, biggest, most supportive seat you can find it would make a HUGE difference.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natori used to make really good sport bras in sizes up to ddd

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they knock you out over each bump? No? well then you're good.

I've heard the Space bra is good too. There is also one by Reebox that is suppose to be the best at holding the girls in. I think its $36-40 though.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Ok girls I have started biking a lot lately. My problem? I have a medium- to large chest and need to strap the girls down. I have been wearing a regular bra with a sports bra on top of that. Its uncomfortable. So what do you use to strap 'em down?
I use a special Equestrian Bra since i horse back ride so much
wonderfull. was a bit pricey but its been durable and I Adore it. if it can handle the horse it could handle the bike

this is the one I have
http://www.statelinetack.com/global/...t=Bra&N=156695

this is the new one they have out:http://www.statelinetack.com/global/...t=Bra&N=156695

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

I heard something on the radio about a 'space bra' - apparently it's the kind that astronauts wear or something....... that should hold them in place!
Do astronauts have boobs?

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have to go with the underwired full cup or a triumph bra not that attractive but looks so much better than a sports bra. a sports bra on me is like having one huge hump on my chest lol

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean!! I don't like the sports bras that give you the uniboob look.
This is a great website that you might use: www.x-chrom.com they have a big selection. I think the Vic's Secret bras might not come in a big enough size!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I know what you mean!! I don't like the sports bras that give you the uniboob look.
This is a great website that you might use: www.x-chrom.com they have a big selection. I think the Vic's Secret bras might not come in a big enough size!!
You are correct about Vic's Secret bras. They only go to DD.
(or maybe D, but not DDD for sure)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I use a special Equestrian Bra since i horse back ride so much
wonderfull. was a bit pricey but its been durable and I Adore it. if it can handle the horse it could handle the bike

this is the one I have
http://www.statelinetack.com/global/...t=Bra&N=156695

this is the new one they have out:http://www.statelinetack.com/global/...t=Bra&N=156695
Wow! almost $50!! I have to save up for that!
but if you swear by them and they work for horses then you are right they would def. work for my little bike!
I have been buying mine a size smaller than what I wear so they are really tight!