Calling all UK ers!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you think is the best cat food?

Villy is currently on whiskas biscuits and meat, and sometimes has hilife petit pate as she loves it. She also has chicken as a treat.

The trouble is Whiskas is a bit rich for her and can make her poos a bit runny. (sorry, didn't know how else to put it!)

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls love the petit pate along with the gourmet gold.

I don't feed them whiskas because theres a lot of animal parts in it, and that's why it's cheaper than the tiny tins of petit pate etc.... My two wouldn't thank me for it anyway because they've been that used to the good stuff now

Kibble wise they've been put on Hills Science plan t/d by their vet for their teeth, again a lot more expensive than the whiskas kibbles, but their worth it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

My girls love the petit pate along with the gourmet gold.

I don't feed them whiskas because theres a lot of animal parts in it, and that's why it's cheaper than the tiny tins of petit pate etc.... My two wouldn't thank me for it anyway because they've been that used to the good stuff now

Kibble wise they've been put on Hills Science plan t/d by their vet for their teeth, again a lot more expensive than the whiskas kibbles, but their worth it
Eeew, I didn't realise there are animal parts in whiskas. No wonder it's so cheap. I don't mind paying extra for my girl to have a decent diet.

Will investigate to see what I can get from the vets, or maybe there's somewhere good online?

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I feed mine James Wellbeloved dry and HiLife sachets.

animal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
has anyone tried the new whiskas or what do you ppl think to fish meals..or rather what do your babies think

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny you say that!. I bought one of the sachets of the new fish meals thinking after seeing the advert on t.v. it was packed with "Real Fish " as they say, and the girls sniffed at it as usual and walked away in disgust

I should have known to stick with what i know.

animal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ive tried all kinds of food, one thing ive notice mine never like the same cat food..*i have five cats* apart from fresh chicken..they love it, its funny how were all led to believe cats love fish when only two of mine do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol Susan, your girls must have known it was the cheap stuff!

That is so funny! I bought Villy a tin of hilife, but as there is only her she didn't really eat it fast enough, so after it had been open for one day it didn't smell as fresh, so she walked up, sniffed it, and walked off in disgust! I had to give all the expensive food to the shelter. I'm sure the kitties there enjoyed it though.

I'll stick to the little tins in the future!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Imo, the best wet foods are natures menu, hi life and almo nature, and the best dry foods are hi life, almo nature and james wellbeloved. I stopped feeding whiskas years ago as I though it might be responsible for a skin problem Magpie had (and they were much more likely to get stomach upsets and/or wind when eating whiskas) although I did stick with felix for a while longer. Both whiskas and felix (and most supermarket brands) contain only 4% meat, which shocked me when I found out. Jaffa has felix once in a while but mainly the above mentioned foods (plus some nutro, cosma and animonda that I buy online). I'm not a fan of hills t/d - I bought some to try out on Jaffa as he had to have a dental recently but was very unimpressed with the ingredients.

Of course, our cats dont' always share our opinion about the best foods!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried the tins of cat food from Marks and Spencer?.

My two love it!. It's more expensive than the hi life but it's a bigger tin, but the chunks of fish are huge, and it's in a lobster jelly if you please!

These two eat better than me sometimes

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oi - don't let my pair see that bit about lobster jelly! They're spoilt enough as it is!

animal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
haha..lobster..we will have to take a trip to m&s..who knows it might satisfy all

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

What do you give Jaffa now?.
He has mainly wet but a bit of James Wellbeloved for dry. I use logic gel for his teeth (and am about to try plaque off added to his food).

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i think ive tryed just about every brand of cat food both wet and dry missy wont touch wet food at all in jelly or gravy nothing with a hint of fish she will eat whiskers junior with meat pockets or go cat as long as there is no fishy flavours or smells she will have the odd peice of chicken if we have it for dinner i will do her a breast poached but she will have a couple of bits and then leave it. even with the dry food she will leave every green and orange biscuit im assuming these are the vegetable lol its worse than feeding the kids lol

lizmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dandy is a diabetic and has to have a prescription diet.
Daisy eats Iams and similar other dry food to that. They all like a little titbit of fresh meat from time to time - but these carnivores aren't very keen on meat!!!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by michelle mayall

even with the dry food she will leave every green and orange biscuit im assuming these are the vegetable lol its worse than feeding the kids lol
Cats eh! I've been very lucky as mine are gannets and will devour anything you put in front of them. Jaffa did throw a bit of a tantrum about a month ago and refuse to eat his natures menu (after I'd bought 192 pouches because they were on offer in pets at home) and some other premium wet foods. I gave in and tried him on his old favouite Felix and he ate it all. He's back eating the expensive stuff now though so I think he's made his point

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

What do you think is the best cat food?

Villy is currently on whiskas biscuits and meat, and sometimes has hilife petit pate as she loves it. She also has chicken as a treat.

The trouble is Whiskas is a bit rich for her and can make her poos a bit runny. (sorry, didn't know how else to put it!)
I feed mine Royal Canin(Allergy now but used to feed Neutered Female) and Hills (T/D and Kitten dry)
Royal Canin is excellent for the money. some websites will actually sell it a bit cheaper than the vets. depending on if your cat will be ok on the non prescript diet or need a prescript diet. i've had a few courses on the Royal Canin foods and i have a certificate to recommend diets with their foods if you would like to PM me i can recommend what would be best for your babies!

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by animal

haha..lobster..we will have to take a trip to m&s..who knows it might satisfy all
oh mine are BIG fans of shell fish in this house! they get their own prawn when we have them. i get the big frozen uncooked ones from Costco. when i get the bag out of the freezer they both start crying and climbing my legs!!! it's one of the only things Phoebe isn't allergic to so i try to give it to her as a nice treat here and there.