Radio question of the day: 08/16/06

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anything in particular that you prefer pepper on? I use it basically only on baked potatoes.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never!
Ok, sometimes potato heavy foods require it, but usually, no.
I believe a good blend of herbs removes the need.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't use a lot of salt, in fact seldom at the table, and minimal in cooking. I love pepper, though, and use it liberally (freshly ground, of course), both in cooking and at the table. Some foods just BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG for it, for instance, to my mind, there is not an egg in the world that doesn't need pepper. Potatoes, too. The other thing to say, though, is if I didn't cook it, neither goes on until I taste. Well, except for baked potato.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I NEVER put salt on anything, I even actually prefer my french fries with out salt
as far as pepper, I rarely use that either except for maybe potato soup

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't like the taste of pepper and only use it when cooking.

Salt I usually only add when cooking too. But I do like it on certain things like melons and egg salad.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not so much salt, but lots and lots of pepper! I made mashed potatoes the other day and loaded it with pepper. I recently found out that many people have minor allergies to pepper and dont' realize it until it is cut out of teh diet 100%....I don't think I could even try that. Its way to good. I need spices, cayanne pepper, chili powder, cumin, etc... Anything that irritates my taste buds is my friend

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat a lot of salt (low sodium diet) but I can eat a whole canister of pepper a day. Ever since I heard it is an aphrodisac, I was hooked.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

I don't eat a lot of salt (low sodium diet) but I can eat a whole canister of pepper a day. Ever since I heard it is an aphrodisac, I was hooked.
*puts more pepper on Jeremy's food*

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use sea salt, and pepper sometimes, but not as frequently as one would think. I'm more apt to use garlic powder or onion powder as a spice.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread reminded me of last winter when my husband decided he was going to cook his favorite soup growing up for me to try. He called his dad and got the recipe. He mixed everything together himself, put it in the crock pot, and served it up for dinner that night...

Well, hubby misread or misheard part of the recipe and instead of putting 2 teaspoons of pepper he put in 2 heaping Tablespoons. You could smell it throughout the whole apartment as soon as he took the lid off. We threw most of it out, and I could only eat it if my bowl was 2 parts cracker and 1 part soup...

One of those newlywed cooking moments that we'll never forget.