more then pms??????

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So i dont know if the other ladies here experience this but i do a week or two before imy period comes my moods are crazy im irratable cranky i cry and i typed in pms moods and found this page and i think its me 100%
http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...rt02082001.jsp
i have to see my doctor in september and while i am there i am going to ask him about this!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was the same way - I would cry at he drop of a hat, and once the waterworks turned on, I just couldn't stop them! My mood swings were ridiculous, and it was really affecting my job.

I started taking a daily mega-B vitamin complex that I get through GNC, called B-150, and within a matter of a month or two, my symptoms went away almost completely, and life has been much, much better.

I've been on the B-150 for over 10 years now, and although I do still get a little bit of hormonal grumpiness for a day or two, the symptoms are no where near what they used to be.

If you don't already, you may want to try adding extra B-complex to your daily regimen, and if you do, please do let your doctor know about it.

By the way, B vitamins are water soluable, so there is no way to overdose on B vitamins. You take the one pill a day with food, and anything your body can't absorb, you'll just pee out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks for the advice i guess this week on pay day i will be getting vitiamin b

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get cranky or witchy.... I get emotional, and sensative. And it could be something like my hubby comes home and says so & so said hi, and I think/feel sad & hurt guessing/assuming that he was over at so & so's house and would rather be there than come home to me. (all in my head right? I know, I know.... I'm crazy
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my b/f always tells me a week or two b4 my period comes that he knows itc coming and i go how and he says im acting weird, lol. i try so hard to act normal but my mood changes at the drop of a dime i could be in a great mood one min and he can ask me to do something or anything and my mood will change and hes lil whoa whats wrong with you,
but he knows its pms.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes my period is due in 2 weeks and i am in a "depressive mood"

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I was the same way - I would cry at he drop of a hat, and once the waterworks turned on, I just couldn't stop them! My mood swings were ridiculous, and it was really affecting my job.

I started taking a daily mega-B vitamin complex that I get through GNC, called B-150, and within a matter of a month or two, my symptoms went away almost completely, and life has been much, much better.

I've been on the B-150 for over 10 years now, and although I do still get a little bit of hormonal grumpiness for a day or two, the symptoms are no where near what they used to be.

If you don't already, you may want to try adding extra B-complex to your daily regimen, and if you do, please do let your doctor know about it.

By the way, B vitamins are water soluable, so there is no way to overdose on B vitamins. You take the one pill a day with food, and anything your body can't absorb, you'll just pee out.
I'm gonna try that

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a word of warning on the B vitamins, girls - it'll make you pee fluorescent yellow, LOL! It's perfectly ok, just running off those extra vitamins that your body didn't absorb.

It's always funny when I go to the doctor and the nurse gets a urine sample from me. If they haven't seen me before, they freak at the color, then when I explain the B complex, they go, "Ooooh, okay!"

Seriously, though, I completely swear by it - if for any reason I miss more than 2 days taking my vitamins, sure enough, that month I get BAD pms!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be symptoms of PMDD - premensturl disphoric disorder...i would talk to your gyno about your symptoms. There are treatments available for this disorder if that's what it is. Keep us posted. I'm sending you good vibes

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I couldnt live without my Vitamin B.
I try different kinds of Vitamin B's...I like the complex ones better.
I'm actually taking these ones called "Stress Tabs", that is a whole bunch of B Vitamins, and with some Iron in it too, and it's got extra energy in it too..
I think it has helped greatly with my stress about waking up at 4:30 in the morning for work. I take one of those, with my energy drink, and I AM READY!

I'm all for every single female in the world taking B Vitamins.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I don't get cranky or witchy.... I get emotional, and sensative. And it could be something like my hubby comes home and says so & so said hi, and I think/feel sad & hurt guessing/assuming that he was over at so & so's house and would rather be there than come home to me. (all in my head right? I know, I know.... I'm crazy
)
Thats totally how I am too! Except I also get REALLY cranky

I feel bad for John for having to put up with me!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats totally how I am too! Except I also get REALLY cranky

I feel bad for John for having to put up with me!
I get cranky too...and i'll just cry at the drop of the hat if Colin even looks at me wrong
. Luckily that doesn't usually last long...But seeing as to how i'm currently Late at the moment and have yet to start, i'm hoping i get cranky soon

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say talk to your GYN about PMDD. It can be treated really easy and your life will be much calmer.
(After my hyster, I was diagnosed as having PMDD........I still had my Ovaries.My Gyn put me on 50mg of Zoloft for 6 months and now I am 100% over PMDD.)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely try the vitamin B first for a while. Why go on a brain-chemistry changing drug when a simple vitamin may do the trick?

I'm not dissing anti-depressants, mind you. I'm on Wellbutrin at the momemt for continuing PTSD and depression, and if prescribed/taken properly, they can be wonderful drugs.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I get cranky too...and i'll just cry at the drop of the hat if Colin even looks at me wrong
. Luckily that doesn't usually last long...But seeing as to how i'm currently Late at the moment and have yet to start, i'm hoping i get cranky soon
Well, it seems i won't be needing a test afterall. I'm kinda bummed out now
i was getting all excited. Oh well.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely try the vitamin B first for a while. Why go on a brain-chemistry changing drug when a simple vitamin may do the trick?
I should have been clearer

I was just trying to say that PMDD is EASILY treatable!!!
In MY case Vit. B,BCPs,Premarin did NOTHING to help with my PMDD.ONLY Zoloft did.
I spoke to soon about being over it too
I had to get my script refilled today cause I am hurting REALLY bad!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I should have been clearer

I was just trying to say that PMDD is EASILY treatable!!!
In MY case Vit. B,BCPs,Premarin did NOTHING to help with my PMDD.ONLY Zoloft did.
I spoke to soon about being over it too
I had to get my script refilled today cause I am hurting REALLY bad!!!
Gotcha, hope you didn't take what I said personally, Crittersmom, I meant no offense!

Always, keeping your doctor in the loop is the best, regardless of what you choose to or need to do for yourself.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get grumpy, tired, need to eat a whole chocolate factory, and get loads of headaches. The headaches last the whole way through my period. I've asked the doctor but he was no help

Anyone know what could help for headaches?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that wonderful time of the month right now. Hubby is EXTRA nice to me.
He's been acting like a moron the last two days and each time he's either called me at work to tell me he's sorry, or yesterday he brought me a Moolatte. I think he knows now that he's in the doghouse and I'm not going to deal with anything without ranting, or crying. (at least for the next week) Poor thing, needs to have a PMS calendar. He is clueless until I snap at him. (you'd think the change to regular underwear from thongs would be a clue, but I guess not!
)