Do men not pay attention to their surroundings??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This afternoon I removed the wallpaper border (which was a good 10" wide) from the kitchen and dining area. Mind you I installed it about 10 years ago and was quite obvious!!! In addition I washed off the paste and started painting my new color-Benjamin Moore "Creamy Orange" . Neil didn't even notice what I did!!!
I painted the area above and down the sides of the door that goes from our kitchen to garage-which he walked through a few times tonite!!

This color is quite a bit different from what was orginally there.
Just wait until I get the 1st coat on in the entire room!!!
Do I have the only clueless SO or what???

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, some things they're just not wired to notice. It comes in handy sometimes like when trying to hide a shopping spree haul.

What would happen if you rearranged the beer in the fridge? Think he'd notice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the "drinker" in the household so he wouldn't know about the beer in the :censor::censor::censor::censor:. He had been using "my" shampoo as his bottle was empty and didn't bother to check for another bottle.
They are so hard to train somedays.....

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think most of them are clueless? Paint fumes??? Mine never notices unless he happens to walk in front of the paint roller and I paint some on him! Then it's, "What are you doing? I said I'd help (5 years ago!)?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

You would think that if nothing else he would have smelled the paint fumes! Men...
maybe he just thought it was some new style perfume

in truth, if my SO is doing something like that, it is better not to say something,,
and if she says does it look better,
i just say yes dear, looks good,,

or if i say something she may want me to help hehe and no, the old paper was just fine no
need to change it.. been there done that

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guilty as charged. I often miss things my wife wants me to notice. It's a guy thing. Just be persistant.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's crazy he didn't notice! Colin notices EVERYTHING....sometimes it gets kind of annoying. He's a cop....so even when he's off duty, he'll point out tags that are out of date or "improperly displayed", illegal stuff, every "out" tail light withing a 5 mile radious...you name it- sometimes i'm just like "sweetie, you're off duty, it's great that you're so observant, because it keeps you safe, but let's enjoy our day together without all of the "tail lights and weirdos"
. That usually works. I try to be polite. I am kinda glad he's observant about some stuff though- i always feel safe knowing he's watching out all of the time when we go somewhere, he's really protective of me
. It's cute, he even notices when i vaccume his carpet or clean his house for him...but then when it comes to romantic stuff, he's completely clueless- it's horrible!
. ( see the "the official waiting for the ring thread" i created about him for reference lol
). It's funny how men selectively notice things huh?

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pete never notice if i have my hair cut, or any decorating. He always tread in the cat sick before i have had a chance to clear it up. Never notices if washing up needs doing, carpet needs hoovering or grass needs cutting.

Definately a 'guy' thing, or maybe some cunning plan to avoid those unpleasant jobs

Always notices if one of his bikes is running not quite right or if one of his fish tanks needs attention.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Years ago, I went from blond to flaming redhead - my (then) husband didn't notice, for THREE days.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Years ago, I went from blond to flaming redhead - my (then) husband didn't notice, for THREE days.
Wow that is pretty bad!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think they do.
Every time I cut and color my hair my boyfriend never notices. Even if its a drastic change. Weird

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I'm the "drinker" in the household so he wouldn't know about the beer in the :censor::censor::censor::censor:. He had been using "my" shampoo as his bottle was empty and didn't bother to check for another bottle.
They are so hard to train somedays.....
THIS IS EXACTLY MY HUBBY!!! He'll keep using my volumizing shampoo instead of getting a new bottle in the linen closet. And leave the empty bottle in the shower!!!
I don't understand this, cause I shop for things like that at BJ's/Sam's Club so we have like 10 of everything! It's just sheer laziness....

Gail, creamy orange sounds just delicious!!! Is it the color of a creamsicle???? mmmmmm, now I want one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its is kinda creamscicle like!!! I was afraid the color was to dark-that's not going to be a problem!!!
And he did notice when we was walking out the door to leave for work this morning!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Studies have shown that, if you ask 10 men to name the color of their wife's eyes (without looking), 9 of them will say "blue". These studies are done, with wives who do NOT have blue eyes.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

He had been using "my" shampoo as his bottle was empty and didn't bother to check for another bottle.
Ugh. I have to use special toothpaste because sodium laural sulfates cause me to get canker sores (took me about 20 years to figure this out and I'm 23
). Anyway these toothpastes are smaller and more expensive. He ran out of toothpaste and started using mine. I didn't realize how long it had been going on, other than I was running out really fast. Ugh! If he had told me, I could have bought him some toothpaste!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH is usually pretty observant, although I agree he's in the minority. One time though he used my toothbrush for a whole week because I accidently put them in the wrong places when I cleaned the sink. Mine is green and his is purple.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago with my first hubby I redid the master bedroom in the safari look, hung the canopy net across the whole bed on the ceiling, he crawled into bed and never noticed it
That explains that they notice stuff like they hear stuff,