Questions I guess I am stupid!

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok some of you may remember me from May when my baby Moe had kittens. Well they are all doing great including Moe. Well today I took in a stray from a lady that couldn't care for her since she has 4 cats and a baby boy and one on the way. She told me that she thought that the cat was pregnant. Well I am confused. She looks like she has milk but her nipples are small and white. They don't look like Moe's did when she was pregnant. Could that be because she was malnurished before the lady started feeding her? She also told me that she has kept her outside for about 2 or 3 weeks now. That is how long she has been there. I am not sure if she already had her kittens yet or not. She is a VERY sweet cat. I have her in a room by herself. She is eating like she hasn't eaten in months however that is not true because the lady has been taking care of her. I have posted some pictures please let me know what you think. I e-mailed the lady and told her that if she or anyone finds any small kittens that may be hers let me know. Everytime I go in the room she loves on me and sits in front of me and cleans her genitals so I am not sure if she is about to have them or if she has already had them There is a picture of the back of her where you can see her milk sacs hanging down.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...3/100_0617.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...3/100_0620.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...3/100_0621.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by michelle mayall

missy is like pic 3 her kittens are 2 weeks old tommorrow perhaps she has had them.
I thought so to but her nipples do not look as if they have been nursed from.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
perhaps she hasnt been nursing them if she has had them outside then there is a good chance they wouldnt of survived :-(

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks to me like she has already had them... in case she was still nursing them when you took her in I'd watch for mastitis as the milk dries up. Is there anyway you can go back and have a look around for them?

She also looks like she has ringworm... but it could just be the pics, not sure.

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pondwader

Looks to me like she has already had them... in case she was still nursing them when you took her in I'd watch for mastitis as the milk dries up. Is there anyway you can go back and have a look around for them?

She also looks like she has ringworm... but it could just be the pics, not sure.
what does ringworm look like on a cat?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mommaoftwo2006

what does ringworm look like on a cat?
They start to lose a patch of fur and the skin is dry and scaly/flaky. Its also very itchy and they will scratch a lot at it. I think it was just the angle of the picture that looked like it...I actually don't think that she has it but check the skin real good. Also ringworm usually glows under a black light.

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you for your help and advise. I didn't have the money to take her to the vet and wouldn't have it until the 2nd week in September so I called the Rutherford County Animal Shelter and they came and got her. They will probably put her down when she gets there
My heart is breaking I wish there was something else I could have done but there wasn't I couldn't risk my 2 yr old daughter or my 5 other cats getting sick or me or my husband for that matter.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just because of ringworm? Ringworm is completely treatable... Did the shelter say it was ringworm? It might not have been but you can self-diagnose it by getting a wood's light from petsmart... If the shelter said it was then there are ways of treating it without taking her to the vet. If you keep yoru hands washed a healthy person should not contract ringworm. Even if you do, you just get an OTC fungus cream and it clears in no time. Its super easy to treat in humans and a healthy cat usually won't contract. I've treated 2 cases of ringworm. I did contract it, but it was my fault. I think I was handling the cat and scratched at a bug bite. No problem though, just got some creme and it was gone in no time (remember this is a fungus not a worm).

Treating cats can be done in different ways. There are topical creams but the most effective are sulfur dips, like maybe $8? You just wash tehm daily, it sucks but completely treatable.