d'oh!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went into the kitchen today to round up my receipts so I could balance my checking account. In the process managed to knock over a bag of Feline Pine, which then knocked over my sugar bowl. With one giant smash, my poor sugar bowl was on the floor in a billion pieces.

... and then when I went to clean it up, I managed to get a nice big chunk of it lodged in my foot.

So here I am, bleeding all over my floor, trying to vacuum up pieces of the bowl and the sugar before the cats/dogs get into it hoping I don't need stitches or something like that (it's a pretty good cut..) and what am I the most mad about? That I broke the sugar bowl of course!

Darn it I loved that thing. It was one of those cheesy jars that everyone sells with sayings on them... kind of like this:

But mine had like a billion colors in it and said "Eye of Newt" on it. I thought it was so cute! And I've spent the past hour searching online and I can't find the darn thing to replace it.
And it was part of a matched set... the other two are "fairy dust" and, I believe, "witches brew"

EDIT: I just went and checked... the matched set are "fairy dust", "moonbeams" and "miracles"... and formerly "eye of newt"

Probably silly to get this mad over a sugar bowl, but gosh darn it, I really liked it!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe your secret santa will find you one!
Sorry about your bowl! I will look and see if I can find one!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, sorry to hear about your foot, and your sugar bowl! Be sure you put a lot of pressure on that cut to make it stop bleeding and try and arrange it so its over your heart (though that could be an acrobatic feat on your foot!), but if it doesn't after awhile, maybe you should get it looked at.

You don't remember at all where you got the bowl from? Maybe Ebay would have it? This is the best I could find, but maybe with a little searching, you could find something like it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Potion-Jar...QQcmdZViewItem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah.. it was definitely a Lucille Ball moment! All I needed was a red wig and to complain that Ricky won't let me in the show

I saw that one on ebay... was thinking about it, but I'm hoping I can find a matching one first. I originally bought it from the Pyramid catalog (www.pyramidcollection.com), but it looks like they're replaced them with their new jar set ... which are nice... and I may just end up getting a new set... but still have my fingers crossed that I can replace my eye of newt one.

Gonna send out an email to the pyramid catalog people. Maybe they know the distributor or something. Whined about this to one of my friends (what can I say, I'm pretty distraught about this) and she's headed up to the Ren Faire this weekend... said she'd keep an eye out there.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Oh yeah.. it was definitely a Lucille Ball moment! All I needed was a red wig and to complain that Ricky won't let me in the show

I saw that one on ebay... was thinking about it, but I'm hoping I can find a matching one first. I originally bought it from the Pyramid catalog (www.pyramidcollection.com), but it looks like they're replaced them with their new jar set ... which are nice... and I may just end up getting a new set... but still have my fingers crossed that I can replace my eye of newt one.

Gonna send out an email to the pyramid catalog people. Maybe they know the distributor or something. Whined about this to one of my friends (what can I say, I'm pretty distraught about this) and she's headed up to the Ren Faire this weekend... said she'd keep an eye out there.
They sell these at our local renn fair which is starting in a couple of weeks..

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Am so sorry about your foot & jar but glad to have discovered the Pyramid Collection-
I know I 've gotten jars like that from local crafters- sometimes they will make special orders-I had one made that says "Cat Person" & didn't pay any more than their normal sale price-