Female issues (men enter at own risk)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like such a dolt right now. I've been spotting for the past week -one week early dispite being on the BC- and today I forgot to put a pantyliner on.

Now guess what I discovered leaked through my pants?

AND I'm in a mostly male environment! (I know I know, we are all adults here, but still a peek-a-boo from the monthly friend isn't the kind of game I want to play!!)

So I guess I'm going pant shopping at lunch!

Luckily I have a sweatshirt I can wrap around for the time being (you can't see it while I'm standing up, just if I sit or bend over). I do have Shout Wipes at my desk, but that''s not the area I really want to be wiping -insert sarcasm here - hmm...spotted pants or look-like-I-peed-my pant?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that sucks!!

Look on the bright side - you're geting a new pair of pants at lunchtime!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok snce you admitted you forgot a liner I will tell you what i did yesterday. I didn't have any clean panties upstairs they were all downstair. so I got completely dressed and pulled my skirt on and went downstairs. i got my lunch together and left the house. Got almost all the way to work before I realized I forgot panties!! So I sat through a funeral and worked all day feeling completely self concious becuase I was going free!
I hope that helps make you feel a little better about being forgetful!!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah that sucks. That has happened to me before. Luckily Its really cold wheeere I work so I bring a blanket to work everday.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Ok snce you admitted you forgot a liner I will tell you what i did yesterday. I didn't have any clean panties upstairs they were all downstair. so I got completely dressed and pulled my skirt on and went downstairs. i got my lunch together and left the house. Got almost all the way to work before I realized I forgot panties!! So I sat through a funeral and worked all day feeling completely self concious becuase I was going free!
That is hilarious!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we are in the spirit of sharing embarassing stories. Last week, I had on a black & white shirt, it divided into 4 large quadrants, for the entire front of my shirt, a black square on one side, a white on the other. So of course at 8:30am, I spill my coffee, and of course it's on the white square, covering the right breast.... so I quick run to the kitchen and use a wet paper towel to blot the coffee, so it won't be set in, or as obvious. Only to later discover (at lunch time) when I go to the bathroom & see in the mirror that I have a quarter size dark circle stain of coffee right over the center of my boob. Being well endowed, I physically couldn't see down that low while sitting at my desk.... I had gone 1/2 the day like that, and now the stain was set, so I had to wear my sweater buttoned all the way up!

PS... just wanted to add, that I LOVE those Tide pens, they work great, and although I have like 5 of them at home, I didn't have any at work. I do now though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Thanks, that's hilarious! I haven't done that (yet)...but the sad part is after 15 years or so of officially being a woman you would think that I would REMEMBER this stuff. Half the time when its a "full" day I'm running to the store at lunch to pick up a pack of tampons. It's pretty sad when you keep a set at home, in the car and at work.
I even have a deoderant stick at work because sometimes I forget that in the morning.

Hmm...there's an old navy by my work, I wonder if they're still having a sale.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they are!! Could be worse. A lady came to use a computer at my work and started hers all over her gorgeous black and white skirt. So much so that the chair was saturated before she realized what happened. Poor lady. I felt so bad for her. She was new and under a lot of stress already!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would happen occasionally when I was in high school and very embarrased about it. For the most part nobody will notice, just sit down as much as possible. I have gone home early from work though when I forgot I would start my period that day.

My mom had health problems and she never new when she would have an episode. She would gush blood very fast (to the point where she would become very anemic). It happened in so many places, in the middle of a meeting, at a store... It would go through everything and all over the floor. One time she took a lady she worked for to the hospital for a checkup when it happened and everyone freaked out and tried to get her through the line faster, but found she wasn't there for herself! Luckily she does not have this problem anymore...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, I always had the bloody moments myself, that's why I'm glad to be on the pill. It REALLY helps.

Oooo!!! Turns out bad/good.
Bad part is that I spent WAY too much money at old navy. Found 2 pairs of pants that I couldn't pass up. so $70 later...the Good news: They're BOTH size 6! And when I sit, they don't rip!

I have NEVER been a size 6!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yea, I always had the bloody moments myself, that's why I'm glad to be on the pill. It REALLY helps.

Oooo!!! Turns out bad/good.
Bad part is that I spent WAY too much money at old navy. Found 2 pairs of pants that I couldn't pass up. so $70 later...the Good news: They're BOTH size 6! And when I sit, they don't rip!

I have NEVER been a size 6!
Yay for you!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there, done that many times, and will do it again until my body decides it's time to stop. (Why couldn't I have stopped early like my mom?) Spent one lunch hour during my freshman year of high school in the locker room (girl's of course) in my gymsuit waiting for my dress to dry out after rinsing out the stain. Good thing it happened in the choir room which was across the hall from the locker room!

Right now I'm fighting a major cramp with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. If that doesn't work, it's on to the chocolate cake. (This is all in conjunction with the 2 Aleve I just took.)

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had that happen since I was in 5th grade...yes, you read that right.
When I started the first time ever, I was 9 1/2 years old and I didn't have cramps, so it was hard to figure out when I would start (not to mention that I was NINE years old!!).

When I was around 13 or 14, I started to have cramps and realized how wonderful they could be (as much as they hurt). My fiance thinks I'm totally weird because I can tell when I'm starting. I get a certain cramping feeling when I'm within minutes, or in rare cases, hours from starting. It'll wake me up in the middle of the night.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh sometimes I even sleep on a towel in bed at night for triple protection!!!
I always have extra stuff in the car and now the truck as that is my vehicle!!
I have pads stuck in the slots in the door and earlier this srping when the passenger side door was open my dad (he is 76) pulled one out and asked what they were!!! Talk about embarrassed!!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done that twice and once it was in my backyard so I just went inside and changed and washed my shorts. The other time was at my cousins house (who is female) and I just went to the bathroom and changed. The thing I find works best is wearing old bathing suit shorts under my clothes for the days it is heaviest. Nobody can see them and if it goes through (which rarely happens) it just goes onto the shorts.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Gosh sometimes I even sleep on a towel in bed at night for triple protection!!!
In my house its "the red towel."
Its the only red towel we own and is actually more maroon so it covers any leaks wonderfully!

On a similar note... I mentioned in another post about having to go to the gyno. I am on the last day of my cycle, so not too bad. I even called the office and told them I was still on my period and they said it was fine to come in. Anyway, what do you think is the proper procedure for discarding hygeine products? When they tell you to strip should you take it out/ ake panties, pad off (depending on what you use) or leave it in/leave them on and then let doctor remove?

Honestly, I've been struggling with the question all morning. I think I'll tak eit out and take my chances since its a lowflow day..

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I haven't had that happen since I was in 5th grade...yes, you read that right.
When I started the first time ever, I was 9 1/2 years old and I didn't have cramps, so it was hard to figure out when I would start (not to mention that I was NINE years old!!).

When I was around 13 or 14, I started to have cramps and realized how wonderful they could be (as much as they hurt). My fiance thinks I'm totally weird because I can tell when I'm starting. I get a certain cramping feeling when I'm within minutes, or in rare cases, hours from starting. It'll wake me up in the middle of the night.
Oh wow I get the same warning but it is about a day in advance. I get a better warning heh. But Aleve works wonderfully for that!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I would ask before they leave me alone to strip.
That's what I was going to say. It might be embarassing, but I bet the nurse hears it a lot.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Oh wow I get the same warning but it is about a day in advance. I get a better warning heh. But Aleve works wonderfully for that!
I actually prefer one that's closer to when I start. I'd hate to waste any products on the "off chance" that it could happen within the next 24 hours.

But that's neither here nor there. I just don't want my daughter (assuming I'll have one in the future) to go through what I did at that age...I felt like a freak!