Oh d-d-dear! Piglet is having kittens!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My newest foster kitty Piglet has given birth to one tortie girl with an orange face. She is keeping her very well hidden from me...but the baby is all dried off and trying to nurse!

She is clearly saying "Keep that camera out of my face, you crazy person!" She seems to be doing well, but remains quite shy of me, so I will leave her to her delivery, not intervening unless it seems necessary.

Go Piglet go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And now at about 11:30pm she had a ginger kitten...dare I guess that it is a male?!? She delivered the placenta and ate it...what a good Momma she is!

How sweet the babies are! It is all just so exciting...Piglet is still HUGE, so no telling how many she will have!

Here is a quick peek at #2...

And both babies...the tortie is to be called T. The ginger will be I.

Notice that despite the padding covered by a nice clean sheet...she is having them on the carpet! Not the most sanitary arrangement, but since she is skittish I dare not intervene. Prayers that all continues to go well for Piglet!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the Winnie the Pooh cartoons, Piglet was always my favorite! The kids have already decided to name the kittens T-I-Double Geh-Er....like the character Tigger. I'm not sure how that will go over at adoption shows in 10 weeks, when some have been adopted out. "These are my kittens, I and Er!" LOL! But most of the other Pooh names have been used by the rest of Piglet's family...including Tigger and Pooh.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost 12:30 pm, and still nothing more. I'm trying to check her about every 15 minutes...but I think she prefers to be left alone! You can almost see the orange stripe on T's face in this shot.

You can also see Piglet's large nipple...during her last pregnancy, a vet suggested euthanizing her for the lump, thinking it was cancer. However, once she had the kittens, it produced milk, and got smaller as the kittens grew up. I will certainly have the vet take a look in about 10 weeks when Piglet goes to be spayed.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww I see your foster girl settled in enough to have her babies .......... any more updates ??? Has Double come yet ????

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I dozed off, and Piglet has given birth to two more...Double Geh, and Er...both brown tabbies! They are adorable, but my rescue is overrun with brown tabbies this year! However, I am not surprised, since the daddy is a brown tabby!

Hard to see, but starting at Piglet's forleg, there is a brown tabby, a ginger, another brown tabby, and the calico!
And Piglet is still round!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice kittens - and if anyone wants to compare picture between a "torbie" (tortoiseshell with tabby) and a "patched tabby" (tabby that has tortie colors)...Piglet is a very nice Brown Patched Tabby.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Very nice kittens - and if anyone wants to compare picture between a "torbie" (tortoiseshell with tabby) and a "patched tabby" (tabby that has tortie colors)...Piglet is a very nice Brown Patched Tabby.
Thanks...I was thinking she was a torbie...but you are right...there isn't really any tortishell to her...she is simply a tabbie with swirls of brown and orange! And cute white socks!

This morning, I still only count 4 babies, so maybe she is done. She is pretty protective of them, though, so maybe she is hiding one?!? I haven't touched her yet, and I'm not planning to touch the kittens so long as she is taking care of them. So far they are cleaned up and nursing, and only cry when she changes position!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

She sounds like a great momma! But she certainly does look like she's hiding some more in there!
I'm at work, so can't check on them. DH checked, and said she only has one kitten!
In other words, she is still hiding her babies! So long as she keeps them fat and happy, I will let her set the pace. I wish she would have one more, with her markings. She is so beautiful!

I love your siggy with Smudge
. What a beautiful cat, and the siggy really shows her well.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I'm at work, so can't check on them. DH checked, and said she only has one kitten!
In other words, she is still hiding her babies! So long as she keeps them fat and happy, I will let her set the pace. I wish she would have one more, with her markings. She is so beautiful!

I love your siggy with Smudge
. What a beautiful cat, and the siggy really shows her well.
Aw thanks, Icklemiss21 made that in the siggy shower. I've been thinking about Smudge a lot this week.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, she comes from sort of a hoarder situation. So she is supposed to be friendly, but on her own terms, and hissy at times. She seems mostly afraid of me, and rather hissy when approached. So she has never been outside, but I'm treating her like a feralish girl who has reason to be afraid of me.

I did touch the orange kitten, "I", today. After work I did a quick check before fixing dinner, and little "I" was laying so still I got scared. As soon as I touched him, he woke up and started crawling for Momma...a distance of about an inch. Momma Piglet was not impressed, and hissed at me!

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok im going to go out on a limb and sound stupid but what exactly is a hoarder? People actual hoard cats? whats that like??

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
a hoarder really is someone who "collects" cats they are like the old women who have 30 cats in a small house. They usually mean well but dont know their own limitation or alot of times are not right upstairs and dont understand what they are doing to be wrong, they just want companionship.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You shouldn't be afraid to touch and pick up/handle the kittens. If you do it now, they will be less afraid of you when their eyes are open. I'd talk to mom cat softly and handle the kittens within sight of her. I'd ignore her hissing at me about it.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I dunno, though... I'd be afraid to handle kittens when Mom was so frightened. If she's really shy, I wouldn't want her being too tense and scared to take care of them properly.

I mean, the really important time is after their eyes are open, right?...