Tag teaming at weddings?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so every knows the whole single girls catch the bouquet and signle guys catch the garter game at weddings right?

Well B and I were at his niece's wedding this weekend. He went out for a smoke and as I finished getting him another drink, the DJ calls for the single girls to gather around. So next thing I know I'm being "highly encourage" (short of being thrown out there in the single girl crowd) to join the gathering. I really don't like doing the catching of the bouqet thing only because 9 out of 10 times I'm the tallest girl in the group. It's easy: All I do is stand in the front, wave my monkey arms and the bouquet lands in them. Well this time I went to the side, a little back to avoid catching it. Next thing I know the bouquet is coming straight towards me, so instead of "catching it" I try to block it, hoping it bounces off my hands into some awaiting-to-be-married single girl. Nope. No one else touched it. So I did my single/non-married girl duty and did the garter thing with the guy:
The DJ whips out the chair for me, in which I plant one leg on the chair and while looking at the poor sap, snap my fingers and point down at my leg. Meanwhile B apparently walks in at that point and was asking "What the hell is my girlfriend doing?!" The rest is history from there.

The only thing B was irritated about was that we were suppose to "tag team" something like this. I.e. we agree if I catch the bouquet then he has to catch the garter. First of all, I wasn't aware of any such silent agreement (I was very single the last time I participated in the bouquet toss) and secondly, don't leave me for a cigerette!!!

Do you and your others tag team it????

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look, if he wants to tag-team tell him to either marry you or become a professional wrestler.

And to tell you in advance if he needs/wants you to do something with him.

Sheesh, men! They're worse than puppies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh good grief! I hate thoes things! That has been one of the most relieving things since getting married! It's kind of funny though...when we got our wedding pics back, all these women are like open armed and have thier eye on that boquet...and almost every guy had his hands in his pocket! Thanks guys!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

and almost every guy had his hands in his pocket! Thanks guys!
of course we do, after all who wants to be the first to test the electric chair?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh good grief! I hate thoes things! That has been one of the most relieving things since getting married! It's kind of funny though...when we got our wedding pics back, all these women are like open armed and have thier eye on that boquet...and almost every guy had his hands in his pocket! Thanks guys!
So true! One guy caught the garter and stuffed it in the guys pocket next to him. It's just a game...if it were true, I would've been married by the time I was 13.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby is so NOT into tag-teaming, or anything teaming really. One time we were going to a party, and I kept asking him what are you wearing? Cause I was undecided whether to go a little dressier, or not... and he's like "OH NO, your not wearing the same thing as me... we are NOT going anywhere dressed like twins!" (me secretly in the corner:
"what's so wrong with being associated with me???")

He won't even wear Halloween costumes that go together.... I said I'll be little Red Riding Hood & you can be the Big Bad Wolf....nope, he wasn't having it. "I'm not dressing up with you" he said....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

My hubby is so NOT into tag-teaming, or anything teaming really. One time we were going to a party, and I kept asking him what are you wearing? Cause I was undecided whether to go a little dressier, or not... and he's like "OH NO, your not wearing the same thing as me... we are NOT going anywhere dressed like twins!" (me secretly in the corner:
"what's so wrong with being associated with me???")

He won't even wear Halloween costumes that go together.... I said I'll be little Red Riding Hood & you can be the Big Bad Wolf....nope, he wasn't having it. "I'm not dressing up with you" he said....
B won't do that either. He thinks its stupid (yet, he made a small fuss about the tag teaming?) Boys....

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMO, when this thing happens at weddings, I think when they say "single", it should be "single people" i.e. not married, no sig. other. I mean, what does single mean? ONE!! If I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't be out there making an ass out of myself.

My .02