Cat bleeding. Help Please!

javchipchik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have thought our cat was pregnant for the last two months she has a large belly, and pink nipples. She was supposed to be do any day, but now she appears to be in heat. Also for two days now she has been bleeding on and off. We don't know if she is in heat or if this is weird pregnancy behavior. Also we're worried about the bleeding, we have no money to take her to the vet til friday and we are trying to find a place that will bill us. Please if anybody had any advice help!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by javchipchik

It's a dark red blood
How much blood is being discharged?? Less than a teaspoon or more than that??

Also...you need to ensure that she is indoors only right now until you find out what is going on.

Katie

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would pick her up, put her in a car and take her to a emergency vets (24 hour one) bring her in and tell them what is going on with her. let them do what they need to and then when she's ok and you need to pay deal with it then. you need to get her taken care of immediatly. i'm sure once everything has been done they will work with you on payment options.

where are you located? TNR1 and i can search for a local emergency clinic for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

javchipchik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are keeping her inside. its just a little I'd say about a teaspoon maybe once every couple hours. Its really thick blood. I'm going to call some place when we get home from work and see if anybody's willing to work with us.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

We are keeping her inside. its just a little I'd say about a teaspoon maybe once every couple hours. Its really thick blood. I'm going to call some place when we get home from work and see if anybody's willing to work with us.
dont call just show up, very few vets offices will turn a bleeding cat away especially a pregnant one. just go get her there and then deal with the money stuff after she's safe. seriously they get things like this all the time and will know how to deal with it once you are there.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's a good idea...also, there is a really good list of low cost clinics by state here:

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

Does your girl seem to be in pain?? Do you see any kitten movement??

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or maybe they will take a post-dated check. Unfortunately, lots of vets WILL turn you away if you have no funds, because too many people take advantage.

javchipchik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she doesnt seem to have any pain, she just seems like she is in heat. She is rolling around, and meowing alot, and wants us to pet her all the time, shes been like this for about 4 days but the bleeding just started yesterday. There is no kitten movement but near her back stomach it is very saggy.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do NOT bleed (like dogs/humans) when in heat. Sounds like possible miscarriage. Get her to a vet as quick as you can.

javchipchik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she never goes outside, and they are no where to be found we've looked everywhere.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
may i just say something , when my cat had her first litter around 2/3 day's b4 she had a very thick deep red blood that was leaking about a tea spoon every few hour's when i foned up my vet's they told me to just keep an eye on her and to make sure it didn't get any worse as this sometime's indicate's a sign of labour in some cat's , also if she's rolling around and acting like she's in heat it could possibley mean she is about to go into labour just phone up a vet don't mentune money and tell them what u have told us but don't say u don't have any money as if u need to go see them they won't know untill after good luck hope everything is fine let us know what happen's

javchipchik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well she is defintley in heat, she has been acting like this for a couple days now. She didnt bleed at all last night. We're not sure what happened with the kittens, and she definitley appears to be in heat. Her nipples look saggy like they have milk in them.

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It could have been a false pregnancy, and pyometra which can be a fatal infection. I'd do whatever you possibly can to get this cat to a vet.