anyone use science diet d/d?

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone here uses Science Diet d/d for a cat with intestinal/IBS problems. Teddy seems to no longer be able to tolerate IVD canned food, but for 2 days, he's done alright with the d/d. I don't like changing his food if I don't have to, so hopefully the d/d canned will solve the problem. We tried the z/d on him ages ago but that didn't seem to be good for him.

So, has anyone had luck with d/d? I know all cats are different, but I haven't read much about d/d here before.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used it for a bit with Bumper a while back, it actually upset his stomach more... you really need to go to the vet and have allergy tests done to find out exactly what upsets your cat and find a food that does not include those ingredients as the d/d can still include these.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by shambelle

Just wondering if anyone here uses Science Diet d/d for a cat with intestinal/IBS problems. Teddy seems to no longer be able to tolerate IVD canned food, but for 2 days, he's done alright with the d/d. I don't like changing his food if I don't have to, so hopefully the d/d canned will solve the problem. We tried the z/d on him ages ago but that didn't seem to be good for him.

So, has anyone had luck with d/d? I know all cats are different, but I haven't read much about d/d here before.
I may be asking some silly questions... IVD comes in duck venison and fish if I remeber right( no vets regularly stock it around here)... If you can try the other ones... D/D works on occation but I think if Z/D didnt I would be looking elsewhere...

Can you make a homeade diet for Teddy>>??? or some Raw food???

I dont trust allergy tests for humans or animals as the allergies have to be in the right place at the right time to be found...