It's baking time once again....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need something to do with my hands tonight, and am thinking of making cinnamon rolls or I can make monkey bread, what do you think?

For those who don't know, monkey bread is similar to a cinnamon roll, you just use bananas, pecans and cinnamon as opposed to the plain recipe I usually use.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried making banana bread? If you like banana stuff, it's sooooo yum! I tried ot for the first time recently and nearly made myself sick from eating so much of it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Have you tried making banana bread? If you like banana stuff, it's sooooo yum! I tried ot for the first time recently and nearly made myself sick from eating so much of it
I'm actually waiting for some zucchini for zucchini bread. I like that a little better. But, yes I make a mean banana bread, but I usually spice it up a bit with using nuts and ginger.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Banana bread with chocolate chips is really good! So is pumpkin bread/muffins with c. chips.. my gramma makes the best pumpkin bread ever.. !

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plain cinnamon!

Weird. BF and I just bought ingredients to make cinnamon rolls - but I'm kinda scared to make them - neither or us have ever worked with yeast before (except to make alcohol).

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Plain cinnamon!

Weird. BF and I just bought ingredients to make cinnamon rolls - but I'm kinda scared to make them - neither or us have ever worked with yeast before (except to make alcohol).
It's not hard, just be good to it and it will be good to you. What kind did you get?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was scared working with yeast the first time as well, but it's not as hard as it seems!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It's not hard, just be good to it and it will be good to you. What kind did you get?
The only one in the shop

McDougall's fast acting or something like that.

Should I get something different?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I was scared working with yeast the first time as well, but it's not as hard as it seems!
That's good to know.

I can never understand why I get so nervous - if it all goes pear shaped, I'm out a couple quid, I know it's not like the heat death of the universe will start to accelerate. But I do.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made the Monkey Bread. It was rather yummy... I'm taking that to work with me today.

As for the yeast, the fast acting is fine for what you are going to do. I know some bakers that will only get non-packet yeast and swear by it. I don't make as much bread as they do so I'm really not an expert.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I made the Monkey Bread. It was rather yummy... I'm taking that to work with me today.

As for the yeast, the fast acting is fine for what you are going to do. I know some bakers that will only get non-packet yeast and swear by it. I don't make as much bread as they do so I'm really not an expert.
You're way closer than me though - and I appreciate the advice, thank you.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sis made zucchini bread last week. We got 2 loaves and there are 3 more in the freezer for the holidays (or if mom gets hungry for them!
),

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You've put me in the mood for some baking! I mean, you've put me in the mood for eating some fresh baking!
Hey send some of this yummy stuff to your fellow TCSers already!