Money sucks somebody shoot me now...please...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and so does Paypal!

I can't believe this all happened at once and I am totally stuck!

I am currently jobless so I sold some things on ebay for some cash to pay bills and put gas in my car. Most importantly to pay my credit card bill so my credit score stays decent. Well the money was paid to me and put into my account by the auction winners and then my account was flagged for suspecious activity. Probably because I rarely use Paypal but now that I did use it they consider that strange activity? I can't figure what was so suspecious?? I was paid by a few people and Paypal was fine with that. But as soon as I go to transfer the money out of paypal and into my bank account, problems arise.

WELL...they brought up that my name was linked to a previous acount with a negative balance. I know exactly what they are talking about because last year my old account suddenly had a pending transaction that I didn't authorize for funds what weren't there to be moved to a bank account which I never heard of in some other state. RRGG!! So I had that disputed, resolved and the account closed. No reason for it to be brought up again. I was informed to sign up for a new account since the last one was closed.

Well the paypal employee I talked to said she agreed that there is no reason that old account should be an issue, she brought up the phone records from it and showed that it was disputed and approved and the account was closed. But it will take 2 business days for them to look it all over and figure out what's going on.

SO meanwhile I cannot transfer that money, my credit card is late and I was charged late fees. That is all the money I have to my name right now and my car is just about out of gas. AND I cannot send the items I sold on eBay yet because the money for shipping is stuck in paypal due to this whole problem. I also cannot use my credit card to pay the bills or the ebay shipping costs because you cannot use the card when the account is overdue!

RRGGGG!! It's like one stupid thing after another. If it weren't for Paypal everything would be fine and the immediately due bills would be paid. I also have car insurance and phone bill due this week heh. Then rent at the end of the month, OH! AND on top of it all, there was an issue with my employment benefits and they want me to pay back the last 3 weeks worth of unemployment!

On a good note, I had a job interview at a really great pet store today and it went very well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry just had to vent a bit there!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man money worries sucks. The last time I had money problems I also wanted somebody to shoot me.

I can totally understand. You cannot imagine how much I understand, but I really hope for the best.

Paypal can probably be legally liable for the late fees incurred due to their lack of payment.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your having such a difficult time. Why is that everytime we see the light at the end of the tunnel.Its always just another train coming!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, when it rains, it pours, doesn't it
Money troubles are such a drag. Some people don't understand that "the wolf is at the door" and that "he has VERY BIG teeth!"
I have seen days when I wasn't going to have a meal, and once I even spent a couple of days with my kids living out of our pickup truck, till I borrowed enough gas money to drive 300 miles to my folks' place. It's always been a roller coaster for me - when I had 2 jobs waiting tables, and was saving for my dental work, a drunk driver spun out of control on the black ice & broadsided me, damaging my neck permanently which ended my career waiting tables - my dream job gone forever...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your money issues right now. I can relate. All i have to say is that things will eventually get better...and when they do and when you're able to- start to PYF (pay yourself first) - save a little bit, even if it's only a few bucks from each pay check and DON'T touch it! Let that be your savings. It really helped me to get into that habit. I hope things look up for you soon and they give you the proper amount of money. Keep your chin up...you have friends who have gone through the same thing here on TCS to listen and talk to you about it
. I'm sending you prayers and good vibes!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

All i have to say is that things will eventually get better...and when they do and when you're able to- start to PYF (pay yourself first) - save a little bit, even if it's only a few bucks from each pay check and DON'T touch it!
That is excellent advice. I had 2 other people tell me that too! Thank you guys. My problem is that I worry too much and panic about things. I have some anxiety problems and I get extremely nervous too often so I worry too much about every little thing. I probably waste time some days due to worry. I really gotta get over it heh.

But thanks all for your support!

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jen, I sell on ebay too and have a paypal account. I had my paypal account set up to deposit into my checking account which would usually take 3-4 days to post. Anyway I applied for the paypal debit card and it's great. It's not a credit card only debit and good for the amount you have in your paypal account. It's a Mastercard debit card and I've never had any problems with it. It's accepted everywhere just like any other debit card. You do get charged the usual fee if you withdraw cash from a ATM machine but what I usually do is use it at the grocery store and get cash back on it and of course there is no fee for that. I like this way better than depositing it into my checking account.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CathyC

Jen, I sell on ebay too and have a paypal account. I had my paypal account set up to deposit into my checking account which would usually take 3-4 days to post. Anyway I applied for the paypal debit card and it's great. It's not a credit card only debit and good for the amount you have in your paypal account. It's a Mastercard debit card and I've never had any problems with it. It's accepted everywhere just like any other debit card. You do get charged the usual fee if you withdraw cash from a ATM machine but what I usually do is use it at the grocery store and get cash back on it and of course there is no fee for that. I like this way better than depositing it into my checking account.
Hmm I will have to look into that! I have seen the little icon to click on to sign up for it on my paypal account page. I just thought I don't want to be bothered wtih another card! But I will have to reconsider and check it out.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

That is excellent advice. I had 2 other people tell me that too! Thank you guys. My problem is that I worry too much and panic about things. I have some anxiety problems and I get extremely nervous too often so I worry too much about every little thing. I probably waste time some days due to worry. I really gotta get over it heh.

But thanks all for your support!
You're more than welcome! I'm glad we could offer you advice in your time of need. And about the anxiety problems- i understand. My best friend since childhood has severe panic attacks and anxiety attacks- to the point where her work has my number to call me and pick her up when they happen. I understand how stressful and hard they can be to cope with. The best way i've found to help my friend is to be as prepared as she can get. Her anxiety attacks are usually about people breaking into wherever she is and killing her- sounds weird to some people, but it is life altering for her and it makes it hard for her to function. What i found that really helped her was supporting her and signing us both up for self defense classes- that way she had a friend to support her and help her through her struggles, and now she feels a lot more comfortable and at ease that she is prepared and knows what to do if she ever finds herself in such a situation. Having done that and her knowing now that she is prepared has really lessened her panic attacks and her anxiety levels. Maby if you are able to PYF a little from each pay check in the future...you will have enough money saved up so that you don't have an anxity attack when your funds are dipping low. That could really help your stress level as well as your credit score. That way, you can concentrate on the good things in your day instead of having an anxiety attack control your day when your concerned about money. I really think that would help you. I hope you have a lovely day and that you can feel a little more at ease. If you need someone to talk to, i'd be happy to listen! Just pm me if you need a friend.