pregant again?

kit-t-kat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i know i should have Had kitty fixed but i didn't now as a lot of you know we have 4 7 week old kitties and she got out i am trying so hard to to keep her in but it may be too late I tried calling every where possible to get her fixed even to low cost spay clinics are still too much money for me rite now one lady said if i cant afford to take care of my cat i shouldn't own one i didn't believe that i love her so much but any ways has any one ever had back to back pregnancy please let me know i am so scared nervous and also heart broken
thanks guys
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/desnmat/meow.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/desnmat/gotcha.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/desnmat/kittieskittieseverywere025.jpg

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kit-t-kat

i know i should have Had kitty fixed but i didn't now as a lot of you know we have 4 7 week old kitties and she got out i am trying so hard to to keep her in but it may be too late I tried calling every where possible to get her fixed even to low cost spay clinics are still too much money for me rite now one lady said if i cant afford to take care of my cat i shouldn't own one i didn't believe that i love her so much but any ways has any one ever had back to back pregnancy please let me know i am so scared nervous and also heart broken
thanks guys
I really wouldn't recommend back to back pregnancies....I understand the costs being prohibitive...but what will happen next time after these kittens are born?? Frankly, I would try to set up a payment plan and go ahead with the spay appt.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that really stinks. Can you sell the kittens for $40 each, as a spay the Momma fund? I really recommend getting her spayed, even if it means going door to door and offering to mow the neighbors lawns!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plus...if she is indeed pregnant and she gets out again after the second litter...she can get pregnant again. That would be 3 litters in a very short period of time. Cats are induced ovulators and they do not need to be in heat to become pregnant. So it is best to not risk it.

Katie

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my cat got pregnant with her second litter when her first litter was 7 weeks old. i know what you are feeling right now. i know i felt guilty and like i was a horrible person but dont worry because accadents happen i know people like us would never get our cats pregnant on purpose. i would reccomend trying to find the money in any way you can. my mom just did not have the money and she could not pay people back and so we let her have the second litter and everything went fine except she may still have some placentas in her because her uterus isnt strong enought to push it out (yes i'm getting it chacked out by a vet) so if you can i really reccomend trying to find a way to get her spayed. good luck

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittkat's mom I am more than willnig to pay 30-40$ as an adoption fee to adopt the all black male! i wish to adopt him for my sister who lost her black cat Eliott last year and i am desperatly trying to find a look a like! you havent gotten back to me... also call Greenwich Bay animal hospital and ask to speak to dr littlefield. she has been more than helpful in helping me with a payment plan to spay both of my girls. I also have a certificate to Hoffmans animal hosptial for a reduce spay... the price for a female is 55$. let me know! email me

[email protected]

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try and raise the money whatever way - if you let her go through with this pregnancy, then it will still be expensive. Is there anyway you can talk to rescues and see if they can get her spayed at their discount price and you pay them back? It will be very hard on the mom to carry and feed another litter, and as Katie pointed out, you will have this worry again when (if) those kittens are rehomed.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaclyn4238

Kittkat's mom I am more than willnig to pay 30-40$ as an adoption fee to adopt the all black male! i wish to adopt him for my sister who lost her black cat Eliott last year and i am desperatly trying to find a look a like! you havent gotten back to me... also call Greenwich Bay animal hospital and ask to speak to dr littlefield. she has been more than helpful in helping me with a payment plan to spay both of my girls. I also have a certificate to Hoffmans animal hosptial for a reduce spay... the price for a female is 55$. let me know! email me

[email protected]
What a kind offer....that would certainly bring her closer to the cost of a spay.

Katie