The Daily Thread Mon Aug 14th 2006

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!!

How was everyone's weekend?

This weekend Jeff and I had our Stag & Stagette parties.

Jeff went camping, and I had friends over, good times

Not too much on the go today. Lots of laundry and grocerry shopping, and later on today we are going to finally go and pick up our new dining room table

Have a great day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning All!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had major house cleaning, car cleaning & errands to do on Saturday. Then Sunday morning we went to PetSmart for a $70 total!!! Then we had my nephew's "official" birthday party. It was a good time, even though a few of my "out-laws" were there. The baby was delirious by the end of the night, and Jazzy had a good time will all of her cousins. I am waiting for my cup of coffee this morning... I need it. And I have to be really good eating this week, cause I had 3 slices of tomato pie yesterday and 3 twisted teas! (but boy was it worth it!!!)

I hope everyone has a good Monday!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning. Well it was quite a long weekend for me. Friday I found out that my old boss died at the age of 62. He passed in his sleep. The funeral is today. Saturday we spent the day at the race track. Lee did excellent. Won first place in stock medium and 2nd place in the money heavy. Only to be thrown out in tech becuase his motor builder put an illegal jet in his carburator.
Sunday I went bike riding in Callaway Gardens. It was beautiful. Then we went to see Talladega Nights. it was pretty good.

Today is going to be a long one. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a bummer about the race!!
Friday night we wnet to friends to sit in field to watch the fireworks-the firecracker record-all we saw was a big fireball!!! But the rest of the show was awesome they have music put together with the fireworks!!-the guild is coming back in 4 yrs too.
Worked in yard Sat and BIL came over Sat night. Sunday we went shopping!!!
Bought a new 15" lcd tv for the kitchen(messing with antenna though is a pain). Then packer pro shop for some new packer apparel!!!
Today waiting to have topsoil delivered and will start painting the ceiling in the garage.
Have a good monday everyone!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend I went to Petsmart and bought tons of food for the kitties, and cat litter I recently changed to Arm & Hammer, Scoop Away has too much dust! I do not go out much because of Bella being sick but my husband had Sat off so he stayed home with her, also my husband has been working on Bellas grave
He has put forms in and poured cement and worked on the top yesterday and the top itself weighs 70 lbs I think he got a little carried away. I feel bad for him but he has to do this cuz I can't.
And then Sunday night my husband Bella and I watched our beloved Redskins get their butt kicked, I am an obsessed fan and it really meant nothing to me because all I can think about is Bella!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

This weekend I went to Petsmart and bought tons of food for the kitties, and cat litter I recently changed to Arm & Hammer, Scoop Away has too much dust! I do not go out much because of Bella being sick but my husband had Sat off so he stayed home with her, also my husband has been working on Bellas grave
He has put forms in and poured cement and worked on the top yesterday and the top itself weighs 70 lbs I think he got a little carried away. I feel bad for him but he has to do this cuz I can't.
And then Sunday night my husband Bella and I watched our beloved Redskins get their butt kicked, I am an obsessed fan and it really meant nothing to me because all I can think about is Bella!!!
Soooo sad....
What a wonderful hubby you have, as difficult as it must be for him.... Bella has been so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving Meowmy & Daddy to care for her the way you both have. You are all still in my prayers...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Good Morning All!!!
And I have to be really good eating this week, cause I had 3 slices of tomato pie yesterday and 3 twisted teas! (but boy was it worth it!!!)
Heather, what's tomato pie??

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Heather, what's tomato pie??
Oh, Susie.... you don't know what your missing!!! I guess it's an Italian thing, not that I'm Italian, but growing up in NY, there are alot of Italian traditions & things you get used to, it's the same in Philly. A tomato pie is kinda like a pizza, but it's square, with thick dough like a sicilian pizza, and crunchy crust along the outside. The center is just tomato sauce, but not plain tomato sauce, old world-old school family style semi-chunky tomato sauce (gravy is what we all call it) that was started at sunrise, and has been cooking for most of the day.... then you put a few basil leaves on the top for decoration and maybe some parmasean cheese (lots of salt for me). And that's it.... but the gravy is SOOOOOOOO good from the one place in my neighborhood.... and they bake it so the crust is golden brown. It's delicious. Try to find an old Italian place somewhere in your neck of the woods, and ask them to make you a tomato pie!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh tomato pie sounds YUMMY!

My friday was of course working all day, what else!? and then again on Sat. But sat night I spent time with hubby and again on Sunday while getting cat food, litter and toys! I enjoy time with him. He's the best man on earth! Today is house cleaning day though. UGH! I hate house cleaning day. Comes around to often. Can you see I'm running to do it?
I'd MUCH rather spend the day here. It's so much funner!!!!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!