Not open for further replies.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We just launched the official TCS merchandise shop at CafePress -
http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs/

And I want to invite members to contribute designs! We have so many talented designers here, I know you can come up with some neat designs that will appeal to cat lovers
. I plan on running these kind of design contests every now and then, till we get us a nice collection of cat items to choose from.

We'll start with large square designs that will go on various items, including the following: Ash Grey T-Shirt, Baseball Jersey, Fitted T-Shirt, Green T-Shirt, Hooded Sweatshirt, Jr. Baby Doll T-Shirt, Jr. Ringer T-Shirt, Kids T-Shirt, Long Sleeve T-Shirt, Men's Sleeveless Tee, Organic Cotton Tee, Ringer T-Shirt, Sweatshirt, White T-Shirt, Women's Pink T-Shirt, Women's T-Shirt, Women's Tank Top, Yellow T-Shirt, Value T-Shirt, BBQ Apron, Throw Pillow, Messenger Bag, Tote Bag, Infant Creeper, Infant/Toddler T-Shirt, Kids' Hoodie, Dog T-Shirt.

The specifications are -
- Clear Images in JPG or PNG format
- Resolution of 200 DPI
- Square designs of 10" by 10" for print size (in the above resolution)
- Designs must be based on your own images, or images that you have written permission to be used in the design. Please do not use copyrighted materials

- Designs must include the TCS logo in a clear and prominent way. Designers may download the logo in PSD format from http://www.thecatsite.com/logos

Submissions can be made by emailing designs to [email protected]. Please use the words "TCS Shop Designs" in the subject line. Make sure you provide your full name and username along with the submission!

Submissions can be made until the end of August 2006.

EDIT: Contest has been Extended - Submissions can be made until Septmeber 10th.

During the first week of September 2006, I will create thumbnails of the submissions and post them in a special poll here on the board. We will let users vote on the designs. Designs may be included in the shop even if they don't win the popular vote, but the three first places will also get prizes! They get their design on one of the following items -

First Place winnder gets to choose one item from anything that's available on the shop!

Second & Third Places each get a choice of one of the following: Men's Sleeveless Shirt, a Women's Shirt, Ash Grey Teeshirt, Tote Bag or BBQ Apron.

Please note, that any designs submitted, will become the property of TCS and may be uploaded and used on the shop. TCS reserves the right to decide which designs will be featured in the shop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
BTW, if you're not a designer, you can still join the fun! Why not suggest some nifty slogans or ideas for designs? If your text or idea gets picked up for the first prize - you will get a bonus prize! A TCS Tote Bag with the design of your choice!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes, pretty much what Sarah said. You can submit the same design elsewhere, and you won't be paid for the design, other than the prizes offered to the winners.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I prefer to stay with the logo colors.

I guess I should clarify about the copyright issues. My meaning was that submissions may be used on the shop, even if you don't win. The vote is just to determine who gets the prizes, but I am hoping to use more than the three winning designs on the shop. This isn't some draconian legal clause. If someone wishes to change anything or have me remove his design down the road, that would be perfectly ok with me. I just want to cover all bases in advance, in case I lose touch with that person down the road, in a few years time. I want to make sure that having those designs on the shop will never be considered a copyright violation at any point.

I am not out there to rob anyone of anything, just wanting to give members a way to share their designs with everyone. I wish I could offer something for each and every contributor, but I doubt that the shop will ever make back even what it's going to cost to award the first 3 places

Hope that everything is clear now. If not, do ask!

Thanks for the submitted designs Anakat and Heidi! Very encouraging to get such good designs so soon!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes, sorry about the late reply. You are allowed to submit more than one, no problem, but if you win, you can only win one of the prizes. So, that if your designs come up as #1 & #2, you will get the #1 prize, and #3 & #4 will get the other two prizes. Hope that makes sense

Keep them coming folks, or just try and provide inspiration by posting here what you'd like to see in a design and suggesting some slogans!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I will probably not get around to posting the contest before the 10th, so I am extending it in a week. If anyone still wants to try their hand at it... just email me with your designs until next Sunday!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Bump.... Waiting for more submissions...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Another bump!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EDIT: Contest has been Extended - Submissions can be made until Septmeber 10th.
Thanks for extending the date Anne!
With losing Chuckie so suddenly my mind just hasn't been working right. I totally forgot about the contest and now I can still see if I can come up with anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.