well, that was weird

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
So tonight I went and had coffee again with some guy I had met last week. He seemed nice enough and I was hoping that if I can make it clear to him that I'm not interested in dating, we could be good friends.

Last week we had talked for maybe 10 minutes. Today we talked for around 30 minutes and fairly early on in the conversation, he asked me if I could go see his apartment to help him re-arrange his bedroom.

I thought he was just odd (and maybe clueless) so I changed the topic. As we were leaving, he asked me again. I said I really had to go home. Then he said he would email me tomorow and maybe I could come Monday if I had the time. So either he's trying really hard to get me in his appartment, he's completely clueless or he's absolutely obsessed with interior decorating!
So yeah, I think that's it for the guy. I kind of feel bad for not telling him why I wouldn't go to his apartment, just in case he WAS clueless and not creepy. But the more I think about it, the more it seems creepy to me. Either way, no way I'm finding myself alone with a guy I barely know.

So now I feel kind of lonely. Why is it that most of the people interested in me turn out to be weirdos? (usually kind of creepy too)
Couldn't I at least meet someone who's weird in a GOOD way. (I mean, I know I'm weird, but I don't think I'm creepy weird)

why is it so hard to make friends?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry, honey. But definitely follow your instincts on this. Even guys I know who want help with decorating wouldn't be that pushy.

I will send "meet a new wonderful guy who isn't a weirdo" vibes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm so sorry, honey. But definitely follow your instincts on this. Even guys I know who want help with decorating wouldn't be that pushy.
Yeah, for sure. I would never go anywhere alone with someone I don't know very well.. and I am not comfortable at all with guys who would even ask.

I will send "meet a new wonderful guy who isn't a weirdo" vibes.
Thanks.

Actually I am not looking for a guy to date... I just need friends (of either gender).

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Thanks.

Actually I am not looking for a guy to date... I just need friends (of either gender).
Ok - then we will adjust them to "meet wonderful people who would be good friends" vibes.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, go with your instincts..I wouldn't go over there if you just met him.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the weirdo, well think about it this way in the meantime you have lots of friends here okay. But I would stay away from that guy.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you did the right thing. Even a harmless ride home could be harmful. I thought this guy would just take me home and the next thing I knew we were in a deserted parking lot at night. All I can say is that God was on my side that night. He almost raped me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Yeah, you did the right thing. Even a harmless ride home could be harmful. I thought this guy would just take me home and the next thing I knew we were in a deserted parking lot at night. All I can say is that God was on my side that night. He almost raped me.
Wow. that's scary!
I'm glad you were able to avoid the worst.

I usually tend to trust people and I try my best not to assume the worst out of people... but I still try not to take too many risks. I wasn't completely freaked out yesterday... I just decided it wasn't a good idea and went home. Now I'm kind of freaked out of how close I got to putting myself in danger. At the same time I feel reassured that I actually stuck with my instincts.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definitely made the right choice not going with him. I wouldn't have gone if a guy i bairly knew was trying to get me into his bedroom- something's just off about that! I'm glad you listened to your gut instenct when you thought something was off. You probably kept yourself out of a potentially bad situation. A lot of women don't! You'll find the right guy, just hang in there
Until then, you have all of us TCS people and your sweet little kitties to keep you company
!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with your decision, that guy sounds TOTALLY creepy. I would avoid him altogether.

From what I've learned in life, there are more bad weirdos than good weirdos. The bad just show you what NOT to look for in a relationship so that you can find the good weirdos.