Medical Question

kittyqueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some of my cats were just prescribed Prednisolone - for an eye infection - we were using Terramycin but the cat weren't responding to it so now we're onto this. and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and used it on their cats before and if so - how did it go? did it work well? any information would be greatly appreciated.

I ask because some of the cats have Feline Herpes. I would go into further details but it's a long, miserable tragic story that frankly I don't feel like re-telling at the moment. I've been thinking/talking about it nonstop for days.

So again - thanks for any info you can provide about the medication

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I don't have any advice on the meds - but I want to say that I hope it goes well for you and them.

I'm sure someone with experience in this area will be along shortly to advise.

Welcome to TCS.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyQueen

Some of my cats were just prescribed Prednisolone - for an eye infection - we were using Terramycin but the cat weren't responding to it so now we're onto this. and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and used it on their cats before and if so - how did it go? did it work well? any information would be greatly appreciated.

I ask because some of the cats have Feline Herpes. I would go into further details but it's a long, miserable tragic story that frankly I don't feel like re-telling at the moment. I've been thinking/talking about it nonstop for days.

So again - thanks for any info you can provide about the medication
Pixel has herpes. i've had the best luck with lysine supplements. but she's never gotten so bad that her eyes have become infected. [caught before that, i guess.] are you wondering about interaction between the herpes & the terramycin?

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My feline vet advised me to never allow the use of any type of steroids on my herpes cat as it will cause the herpes to flare up all over again.
Is your veterinarian aware that this is a herpes cat?