Tammy-Timmy

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK guys, could someone just walk me through on this.

Got Tammy as a stray about two weeks ago, her little nipples were pink and slightly protruding.

Tammy is getting bigger, which is expected and now I notice that the area around her nipples seems to not have as much hair around them.

She is awfully lovey too, which I don't mind.

She hates my bedroom, evidently the other owners locked her up for a while because she came into heat, and then threw her out. I am going to have to confine her to my bedroom for her own safety as well as the kits. I have two very large (one 18 pounds and one 21 pounds) neutered males here and I am terrified that they will eat the kits for lunch. They have never seen kits.

Does anyone have the slightest idea of how far along we are? I was planning on putting her in my room permanently the third or fourth week in August as I figured that she would be due around September 10.

Any and all suggestions will be GRATEFULLY appreciated.

By the way, I have two places available for her to have her kits (I know she will have them on my bed, got a painter's plastic sheet and a pretty blanket if she decides to do that), a lower bookcase shelf all to herself, with a hard cardboard barrier to keep the kits from falling out. I have a box with old soft tee shirts in the room also, her food and water bowls, her litter box, KMR, two bottles, extra nippes (just in case), and no possible way for any of the other cats to get in, and no way for her to get out.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, ready for her just in case she has them on the bed. Good thinking! Sounds like you are ready. I just can't help you with a delivery date.

We were fortunate that our males were very tolerant of kittens. I think they inherited/learned it from our Solomon - who was a very loving father cat. Which was good because at 8 weeks Sheba declared the kittens weaned and they were on their own!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nipples start to get a little bigger and get pink at about 3-4 weeks pregnant. Sounds like she's about 5-6 weeks pregnant and should have the kittens within the next 3 weeks.

Most adult cats (neutered males) are more afraid of young kittens then attack them. You'll have to supervise their first meetings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Somebody give me tranquilizers, vodka....anything. This cat is driving me crazy. We have about two weeks or so to go, and she is iinto everything, knocking everything over, pouncing on the other cats (which leads to some discussions and the usage of body parts in the language). She knocked over a cup of water on my keyboard ( my fault for having it there) (thank goodness for backups) and is just generally making herself a pain in my rear end. (which happens to be scratched, because she jumped on the bed and the covers were moved over to the side. What a wake-up call)

Do they ever quiet down before they give birth, or is this what I am going to have to put up with???? Her little nipples are NOT anymore distended and we have no action in the rear part of our body. Tranquilizers and vodka will be gratefully accepted, and I'll even consider Christian Brothers Brandy.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

UPDATE: Somebody give me tranquilizers, vodka....anything. This cat is driving me crazy. We have about two weeks or so to go, and she is iinto everything, knocking everything over, pouncing on the other cats (which leads to some discussions and the usage of body parts in the language). She knocked over a cup of water on my keyboard ( my fault for having it there) (thank goodness for backups) and is just generally making herself a pain in my rear end. (which happens to be scratched, because she jumped on the bed and the covers were moved over to the side. What a wake-up call)

Do they ever quiet down before they give birth, or is this what I am going to have to put up with???? Her little nipples are NOT anymore distended and we have no action in the rear part of our body. Tranquilizers and vodka will be gratefully accepted, and I'll even consider Christian Brothers Brandy.
I would really suggest you confine her to one room. Are you certain that she is pregnant?? Our rescue has had a couple of cats that were swore were pregnant but were not.

Katie

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am assuming she is pregnant, I have felt some movement and she is not in heat. Hurry up with that Brandy, OK?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had a foster Mom that was so rambunctious. I hope she calms down before she has the kitters.

I think it is a good idea to keep the other kitties away from the kittens. Better safe than sorry.

Maybe you can add a tall cat tree for her to climb on in your bedroom? Sounds like she has a ton of energy! I can just imagine your house in about 8 weeks! LOL!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I think that she is uncomfortable, and doesn't know how to settle down. It's almost funny, I sit at the computer and she has to walk back and forth in front of the screen two or three times and flops down to take a 3 second breather, then back and forth again. Then she jumps down and walks around alittle bit and then it's back to the computer. She follows me EVERYWHERE I go, no expections, unless I go outside. If I didn't know any better I would swear that she is lonely and frightened. I have tried to pet her every time she comes around, and I don't know if I am encouraging her to pace. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

I think I amstarting to feel a little puffiness around the last two teats on Tammy-Timmy.

If this is the case, and she is getting bigger can anyone give a rough estimate of how long we have to wait for kits?

I am an absolute wreck over this cat, I don't want to do anything wrong, and she is still driving me to drink, although I think that she has begun to slow down.

Any ideas, suggestions?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

My guess for Tammy's due date has come and gone. (09/10/2006) We still look pregnant, still not in heat so I am assuming that my guesses were off.

When I got her about 3 1/2 weeks ago, we figured that we were about 3 weeks along. I don't know why I thought the 10th was it, but cats go about 9 weeks, right? So we are about 6 1/2 or so.

She is still running all over the place, but now I see her sort of defending a territory.

Help.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somebody, anybody--how long do I have to wait for this cat to have her kits???????? She's driving me nuts.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat's nipples "poofed up" and I was able to feel movement about 2 weeks before she gave birth. The "poofiness" is milk. She ought to give birth any day now. Don't worry, My cat was exactly the same as your. The last 2 weeks were like Hell on earth. My cat wouldn't lay down for more than 5 seconds at a time, it drove me up the walls. She was also getting into EVERYTHING!

Anyways, I'm sorry that nobody has answered your post. I didn't even see it til today. I guess most people don't look past the first page of posts. Well, not that I have replied it ought to kick your post back to the first page and you will get some more replies. Good luck with you baby(and soon to come babies)!

P.S.-Don't drink too much or you won't be able to help the mama when the big day comes.LOL!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Tortibaby, thank you so much. I felt a lot like John the Baptist.....you know, a voice crying in the wilderness.

Thank you so much, I will keep a closer eye on her.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No problem! LOL! Whenever I post something I always get an email to say when someone else replies so if you have any more questions just post it and I will respond as soon as I get it. I would say email me, but it's the same thing.LOL!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you can, try and confine the mama sat into a single room that way you dan't have to worry about her getting out and having the babies somewhere you don't want her too. All cats are different, but both of mine started having a discharge(clear, pink, or brown) a couple hours before they went into labor. That's ussally the best sign so keep your eye on her and watch for that. Also watch for her to be constantly licking "down south" because that could mean that she's licking away the discharge before you get a chance to see it.

Good luck and keep me posted!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I was just going to say that after checking my posts, that means that she could very well be due sometime this week. She goes into my room tonight and stays. (That means I don't sleep for the next week. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH)

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! I know what you mean. I went through the same thing.

I would keep a towel on hand in your room in case she decides to give birth on the bed, that way you can slip it under her to keep her from dirting the bed.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a painter's plastic sheet and an old blanket to put on the bed when I am at work. I KNOW she'll have them there, I just KNOW it.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! Always expecting the worst?! Well, cats do tend to do everything the way they want to which just always happens to be exactly what we DON'T want! Oh well, at least you're prepared!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....still no kits.

Tammy-Timmy is walking around like she has two softballs on either side of her belly!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.....she hates my room, hates the box I set up for her, hates the bookcase that is set up, hates the lower shelf of the cart in the bedroom.....AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Tranquilizers, brandy, vodka, Sothern Comfort, pills, drugs...ANYTHING........