I Need Your Help Please. My Cat Is Bleeding To Death.

ruud

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey.. i have a siamese cat and he is my first pet. iam crushed and i dont know what to do right now. his tail got jammed by my maids door and his tip of the atleast 1 inch of the tail has a very big cut and it looks raw. his tip of the tail is just bleeding like crazy. i have never seen so much blood shed in my house. he has been bleeding since 9pm and it is 2:45am here. i dont know what to do, and der are no vets in this hellhole country. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. i have applied betadine and i cant put bandage around him bcuz he keeps scratching and bitting. someone please help me. i cant see my cat die like this. SOMEONE ANYONE I NEED AN ADVICE.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finding some way to put pressure on the bleeding is the only thing I can think of. Perhaps you can get someone to help you get your kitty wrapped in a towel to hold him still and then get that tail under pressure? The wound sounds pretty deep if its been bleeding for so long...There are no vets at all you can go to? Or a human doctor who's willing to do a little animal work?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruud

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
not at all.. i live in the philippines.. i once went to a vet they didnt know anything and they only treat dogs for some reason. ive tried to put pressure it only stopped him from bleeding for awhile. i put him in the balcony thats wer he likes to be all the time. im not gonna sleep till he gets better. is der anything i can do? my cat is in pain, and because of that he is not in a good mood, he scratched me and i have a long deep cut in my fore arm. please help.

ruud

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i would have done that ages ago. they are not open on weekends plus they can only help dogs not cats. if i was back home in michigan then ya i would know what to do.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K..Well..
Call a local petstore. Explain the situation to them. Someone there should know what to do..Or maybe they know of an emergency pet care service.

ruud

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it is really hard for me to explain. but if u live here in the phil. you would understand my situation. the country is poor and hella corrupted. der are no emergency pet care or anything like that here. not even 911. this country is so unorganized. they hire anyone, even bums from the street... i miss my hometown. my silly dad is into gambling and i have to live in this hellhole. your cat mushi looks like my cat. =( my cats asleep now. he is bleeding less but i duno wat to do wen he wakes up.. im hoping for the best

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm frantically searching for links for ANY type of vet help in the philippines..
I found one link that I have no idea what it's about..But it says something about a vet.
Maybe just call & see?
Vet
Otherwise..I could give you number to some vets up here..And maybe somehow you could call up here for vet advice?
Or find out just what you can do for your babe while being so far from a vet.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you find something to put around his head to stop him from reaching the tail? Like a E-Collar? If anything I would ask if the vets or a pet store has an e-collar. You can use hydrogen pyroxide and some neosporen as a simple quick solution. Then wrap it in gauze (is that how you spell it?) You could try to make a splint to keep the tail straight, but none of this will work unless you can keep the cat from reaching his tail. Styrofoam plates can sometimes work too instead of an e-collar.

I would also confine him to a bathroom or laundry room rather then the balcony.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably too late but you can use flour to stop the bleeding. Then get an e-collar to keep her away from it while it heals, just keeping it super clean. I understand your situation. Read all you can.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
First of all I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. But please, take a deep breath, you need to do whats best for your cat. I know that is what you want to do, your love for kitty is evident by your finding The Cat Site.
Your scratches will not hurt half as bad as kitty is hurting so grit your teeth and wrap him in a towel so he cannot move. Do as you have been trying to and apply pressure to his tail. Talk to him while you are doing this, tell him you are trying to help and tell him you know he's hurting and you love him. If you act scared of him he will act differently towards you.
Im no expert but from the way you are describing it, it sounds very serious. Please don't give up on him. Don't hope for a miracle.
I know you will do what you can. Please update us whenever you get chance

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would think that if no one is at home to help you, maybe a neighbor could help.
It's worth a try.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A dog of mine once lost the tip of a tail to a door injury.
Yes, it will bleed like the dickens, but it will stop eventually, and the amount of blood loss is not life threatening. The nature of the skin on a tail makes sutures unlikely anyway- my dog did see a vet but all they did was disinfect it and bandage it really well.

The difficulty with tails is in keeping a bandage on, so the suggestion of devising an E-collar is a good one. You've betadined it, so you're good there. Just wrap it up as best you can and do everything possible to keep him from chewing on it.

Check it daily for signs of infection, betadine it daily, and keep the cat from messing with it- that's about all you can do.

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Call a vet in some other country for advise. There is medication that will calm your cat down and ease the pain but you need advise first since a lot of painkillers are dangerous for cats. Valium (morfine based) works but I don't know the dosage since I never used it myself. Valium will also increase the hunger if the cat is not eating because of the pain. Chlorine hexidine is good for cleaning open wounds and painless but a jod solution will do. If you can get the cat calm and sleepy you can shave a bit of the fur and close the wound with surgic tape. It is easy to make a collar from hard paper and some string. Good luck. I hope it goes well.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please PM me right away with your contact info. I'll give you the number to call and the vet will advice you depending on where you stay in the Philippines. Like Cearbhail said, tail injuries are messy but not life threatening. You are doing fine with the betadine and keeping the cat in one place to stop it from roaming. Waiting to hear from you.