Boo-Boos' wound, Care Credit & Pediatric Spay

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My poor Boo-Boo looks like she was supposed to have a tail and something happened at birth. (She went to the pound as a stray.)

I have an appointment for her to be seen Monday. I guess I was kind of hoping that the spot would normally close and not be a problem, (it did look like it was at first), but checking her this morning told me different so it is something that absolutely needs to be addressed. And Yes, I am keeping it cleaned.
This is a picture of her little wound.

I found myself in a bit of a money crunch, so what I did was sign up with Care Credit and then find a provider through them. Sadly, neither one of my regular vets are providers through them, but I did refer both and hope they will come on board.

I feel so relieved to at least have the option to always be able to take my little fur kids to the doc whenever necessary now without worrying if a check will bounce, etc.

While I was calling around I also asked about Pediatric Spay/Neuter and so far the only place I know that will do them is my regular vet. I am quite surprised at all those vets with their 5 and 6 month rule.

Hopefully by Monday evening Boos' little tail problem will be a thing iof the past and all we will need be concerned about are the regular vacs and such.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tru
With all those babie s of yours , did you ask the vet to make payments>>>

I love care credit use it for my teeth but my vet explained the cost to them as to why she didnt carry it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My regular vet will only accept a post dated check in terms of working with someone short on money.
I understand that she needs to be paid to stay in business, but she has to understand that I will sometimes have to go elsewhere.

jlphilli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a credit card you can use? I have one credit card I use "for pet emergencies only."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlphilli

Do you have a credit card you can use? I have one credit card I use "for pet emergencies only."
The truth is that I should have kept one for "emergencies only"!

I am in the process of trying to dig myself out of a bit of a hole I jumped into and until I've managed that, some things simply require a bit of jockeying.

Seriously, if I thought one of my little ones needed to see a doc before the Monday appointment, I would be there and worry about consequences later. (That's probably how I became so financially embarrassed, worrying about things later!) Don't ya just love that term? financially embarrassed

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

The truth is that I should have kept one for "emergencies only"!

I am in the process of trying to dig myself out of a bit of a hole I jumped into and until I've managed that, some things simply require a bit of jockeying.

Seriously, if I thought one of my little ones needed to see a doc before the Monday appointment, I would be there and worry about consequences later. (That's probably how I became so financially embarrassed, worrying about things later!) Don't ya just love that term? financially embarrassed
i'm coming up on 2 years since Mouse passed, & i'm still paying off her bill. of course, it doesn't help when they keep raising my limit - i'm very deficient in the self-discipline area!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am using Care Credit to get my teeth whitened and fixed and, when enrolling, checked to make sure the local vets are on board (they are!!!
) Now that I know more about it, I think it is one of the world's best inventions. Where else (but a furniture store) can you get 18 months interest free. Forget 20% interest credit cards, go Care Credit!