Woohoo! Finally!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well last night Kitty slept in the bed with me the whole night which is very odd because she usually never even comes in my room. well i woke up a few times last night because she kept twitching and i felt her belly and it was really hard...

well when i sleep and i wake up, i have no idea what 2+2 is
so i didnt connect the twitching and purring and hard belly with labor... i just went back to sleep then around 645 am central time i heard her scream and baby number one popped out.... on my bed... all over my grandma's quilt... but i dont even care because i am so happy.

we are waiting for baby number 2. she moved her and baby one into her nesting area and she is still panting and in labor. its been almost an hour since baby one.

baby one is a fat, healthy little dilute calico (either that or reg. calico) born at 645 am.

thanks to everyone who helped me out and gave me support in my time of need. i think things are going to get better. she will be spayed this time. i dont care if she is pregnant again (which she hopefully wont be) she will be spayed.

when she was in labor she was whimpering and purring and then she looked up at me with her big eyes and i could just see the pain in her eyes. i will never let her or any other cat i own go through that again. and i hope no one else does either.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now you know how my Dad felt after going through Mom's pregnancy with me. He claimed one child was enough for him and he didn't want Mom to go through that again!

Sending safe delivery vibes to Kitty and her meowmy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah.

how long until i panic? she hasnt had the second baby yet and its been about an hour and 20 min. i know there is another one in there. i can distinctly feel it. she is still in labor and since she isnt as storng i am trying to make sure that she is going to be able to push it out.

the little fatty baby is just eating away.

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
its been about 2 hours and 20 min and still no baby2 or placenta one. and yes.. there is definetly another in there... she isnt straining but she is still purring. she is resting now with baby 1.

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kitty Just had another. i think it is a girl but it look s like its genitals are swollen... either that or it has testicals...

Baby 1-Dilute(?) Calico Female, 645 am

Baby 2- Red Female(?) 910am

no placentas yet. i'll feel her to see if she has any more in a min... i'm going to go eat a doughnut now.

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just fekt Kitty's tummy and there is still soome definate kicking in there. so one more i think. the little red guy looks just like Buddha but wuth white around his mouth!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she just had baby 3. it is a female. either black with a little white around the mouth or a tortie. its still wet so i dont know. i am pretty sure there is still one more but it could just be after birth. she hasnt had any yet BTW. should i be worried?

Baby 3- tortie female 1020 am

ETA: definetly a tortie

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yayyyy!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!! What a relief!!!!

Way to go kitty! How's Kitty doing now? Has she had the last one yet? It sounds like a long labour! I hope the last little one is ok...

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i felt her belly and i think all that is left is after birth (which she still hasnt had) so i think she is done. not sure though. she is still purring. she is resting now while the three little piggies eat.

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear it FINALLY happened! I know how the waiting can be!!
Congrats on the 3 babies!!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my mom left for st.louis (2 hrs. away) so i dont even have a camera! lol. can anyone tell me the charicteristics of a torbie? i think that might be what #3 is. she had the "M" on her head and the stripes like a tabby but she has tortie coloring. is that a torbie?

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy'smomma

Oh wow.....its all worth the long wait isn't it!!! WTG Kitty
Can't wait to see pictures of these babies!!
Originally Posted by mowsluver

So happy to hear it FINALLY happened! I know how the waiting can be!!
Congrats on the 3 babies!!
i know! thanks guys! its an amazing feeling that so much stress has just been lifted off my shoulders... and they are so dang cute!!!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i just saw a baby move in Kitty! there is still one left! but there have still been no placentas. should i be worried?

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she's contracting and pushing so it should be anyminute now....

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when missy had her babies the placentas were still attached to each kitten this i believe is the afterbirth correct me if im wrong im so pleased kitty is doing well and congrats on the babies

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the after birth is connected to the umbilical cord (SP?) but Kitty didnt chew them off so i had to tie them and cut them. she just expelled one after birth and is now resting. she is doing excallent.

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
baby 4 was just born. sooooo...

Baby 3- torbie/tabby female 1020 am

Baby 4- (so far...still wet.) black with a little white female 1150am

thanks for all of your help and support. i think she is done now.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like everything is going well, but I am confused about the placentas. I thought each baby had a separate placenta that was expelled right after the kitten. I've never heard about babies being born before the last placenta was expelled. You don't want a retained placenta, it could cause infection...

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AHH! Just kidding she just popped out another! another red one. that makes 5... holy crap!!!