Pixel has a vet visit in the very near future

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
those of you who notice such things may realize i'm posting at a time i've never posted before...before 7am my time
that's because Pixel decided to wake me up this morning [actually, i was semi-awake, but still in bed] by peeing on my head
of course on a saturday - i'm hoping her vet is open today - it's been a while since i needed to schedule a saturday visit, so i can't remember. [i'm a teacher & i've been off all summer!]. anyway - her timing could've been better - a week ago i was still on vacation...[i know she didn't plan this, but doesn't it always seem that things like this happen at the worst possible times?]
anyway, vibes & prayers much appreciated for my baby, who most likely has a UTI, since she's never gone anywhere other than her box before

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i went to her regular vet's website, and, of course, they're not open on saturdays.
so, i'm going to call a couple of other places to see if they're open today & see if they'll see her. i don't want to wait until monday - i think her behavior indicates it's to serious to wait.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I agree with you Laureen, it's totally out of character for Pixel so it is not worth waiting until Monday. She might be uncomfortable.
After reading Fozzi's thread I am keeping a close eye on my cats toilet activity. Its not worth leaving. Im sure you will find somewhere thats open. Hope everything goes ok.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope its nothing too serious, I agree it is not worth waiting until Monday if she went to such lengths to show you what is wrong
hugs to you and ear scratches to Pixel

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry that Pixel isn't feeling well. I hope you find a vet that is open on Saturdays.

Reilly and I send Pixel a great big hug

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pixel certainly got your attention by peeing on your head.
Smart kitty.

Lots of calming vibes coming your way.
I hope you find a good vet to treat Pixel today.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Pixel certainly got your attention by peeing on your head.
Smart kitty.

Lots of calming vibes coming your way.
I hope you find a good vet to treat Pixel today.
i found one only 7 minutes away that was open!
so we went, & they checked her over. she's gained some weight - she's now 13 pounds
but she's also almost 9 years old, & the vet said that was ok as long as she didn't keep putting weight on. they couldn't get a sample - she evidently shot her wad this morning - but, based on the fact she's never done this before, they gave me some Clavamox liquid for her & told me to encourage her drinking... so that means she gets ice in her water more frequently, since she likes that.
BTW - Pixel says thanks to her sweetie,
Reilly

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear that the vet was able to see dear Pixel, get well soon sweet girl!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, i may be worrying over nothing... but i haven't seen her drink since we got back, & she's upchucked twice now. how can i tell if she's dehydrated?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, i found something on the web to test, & from that it appears she's ok. i guess i'm just a worry-wart!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! I hope Pixel's OK! Maybe the Clavomox is making her a little ill?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

ok, i found something on the web to test, & from that it appears she's ok. i guess i'm just a worry-wart!
Never apologize here for being a worry-wort. We are here for you and we are also the ones who are rushing to the vet is the cat is looking at us funny.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, like i said - i checked her, & she's not dehydrated, but she's definitely under the weather. she's just moping around, not sitting in her usual spots, & she's thrown up yellowish/brownish spit at least 3 times. the first time it was mostly food, but there's been less & less food each time. i haven't seen her drink since we got back. she's only had one dose of the clavamox, since it's a twice a day dose - the first one was at about 10 am, so i was going to give her the 2nd at about 10 pm.
i can just tell she doesn't feel well, & it bothers me.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, like i said - i checked her, & she's not dehydrated, but she's definitely under the weather. she's just moping around, not sitting in her usual spots, & she's thrown up yellowish/brownish spit at least 3 times. the first time it was mostly food, but there's been less & less food each time. i haven't seen her drink since we got back. she's only had one dose of the clavamox, since it's a twice a day dose - the first one was at about 10 am, so i was going to give her the 2nd at about 10 pm.
i can just tell she doesn't feel well, & it bothers me.
Mom's cannot be too cautious! I would be concerned, too if this spitting up continues. I am praying Pixel feels better soon!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
great - she just spit up again. small amount - maybe a couple of teaspoons. slightly pinkish, slightly thick. but she's acting more alert
i'm going to go ahead & give her the evening dose of clavamox, plus some syringes of water, since i haven't seen her drink all day. any ideas for tempting appetite for a cat who's not interested in baby food or canned food?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does she like tuna ??? cheese??

I have to give Clavamox to one of my girls with food so she doesnt spit up