month old kittens, HELP!

clemen_tine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My brother's cat, Keeo, had her kittens a month ago and everything seem fine until last two days. The kittens seem to be hungry even thought Keeo takes care of them. What could my brother feed her so she is able to feed them well. There r 4 kittens. I would appreciate any advice, thank you

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he should begin starting to offer the kittens wet kitten food like the mother gets at about 5 weeks of age. They should also have access to the mothers dry kitten food at all times so she can teach them to eat it.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clemen_tine

My brother's cat, Keeo, had her kittens a month ago and everything seem fine until last two days. The kittens seem to be hungry even thought Keeo takes care of them. What could my brother feed her so she is able to feed them well. There r 4 kittens. I would appreciate any advice, thank you
Welcome to TCS....I hope that mom is an indoor only cat for now so that she does not become pregnant again. Best thing to do is to feed the mom cat a premium kitten food. Also, it would be a good idea for your brother to buy a little scale and weigh the kittens to make sure that they are gaining weight. If they are not gaining weight, he may have to provide additional nutrition of either KMR or goat's milk.

Katie