"Organic" Snap, Crackle, Pop!

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So earlier today, my dad and I stopped by Super Targer to by some cereal and I happened to come across a box of Rice Krispies w/the words "Organic" written ontop of it in large letters. Since when is ther "organic" corn syrup and for that matter Organic Rice Krispies? I think it's some scam to get people to buy their cereal because it mentions organic in it! I mean, the ingredients were the exactly the same except they had the words "organic" infront of them. Now, maybe they really did put some organicness in it somewheres...but I hardly doubt it.
Just thought I'd share that.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know Barbaras makes an oganice crisp rice ... yes corn surup can be organic lol

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat an organic whole food life style, so let me explain. Yes, some of it is a scam, yet some organic food can be quite different. It's all about doing your homework and shopping smart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Organic Corn Syrup huh? Who wudda thunkit?

You learn something everyday.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember that organic doesn't necessarily = healthy. You can get organic tv dinners and organic chocolate but they don't magically become good for you just because they contain organic ingredients

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work for USDA and those professors worked there did not like organic food at all. They told me that organic farming reduces harvests by half and leaves us with less food to donate to Third World countries.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Just remember that organic doesn't necessarily = healthy. You can get organic tv dinners and organic chocolate but they don't magically become good for you just because they contain organic ingredients
I'm glad someone said this! It's the same with "low-fat", or "fat-free" foods. These words don't automatically make these foods healthy or low-calorie.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by urbantigers

and out of ALL the ingredients only one has to be organic for them to be able to say 'organic'