Kitchen accessories

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all started sometime last year when I found a computer CD on sale, called "One million and one recipes". It was awesome, and it even included the recipe to the pumpkins swirl cheesecake that my aunt insisted was an ancient family recipe

Then, I started hunting for even more recipes on the internet....being a single guy, I can experiment, fiddle, tweek and mess around all I want, and I can either eat my results, or throw them out without being embarrassed about it. I signed up for the online recipe storage at food.com......it got more and more complex........

For some reason, just this evening....it struck me as funny that I'd actually made a spot for the laptop in the kitchen

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a baker, I've been known to do the same. To keep flower out of the keys try putting some plastic warp over the key board. It works wonders.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey that's a great idea lookingglass! I have a spot for the laptop in the kitchen as well skippy. I just hate when the power saver comes on and makes the screen dark, so I have to keep pressing a button to see the screen properly

What's food.com like?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Hmmm, he's single and he cooks and he likes cats...
Single, working woman here. In addition to cooking, do you do windows?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to check out epicurious.com-sign up for their email, plus kraftfood.com too. I am a recipe junky-no computer in kitchen though....
I made mango cucumber salsa this afternoon ......very tasty!!