My kitty has an eye infection??

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone..

My little girl has an eye infection and has had once since I got her. The lady gave me an triple antibotic tube for the eyes. But it doesn't seem to working. Her left eye is just really brown underneath, and she has trouble opening and closing,, she squints all the time with that eye. The other eye is fine,, has some gunk at the tear duck every night but not like the other eye.

What do I do??? Do i just keep give her the antibotic.. We've had her now going a full week,, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better??

Thanks,,
Heather

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

My little girl has an eye infection and has had once since I got her. The lady gave me an triple antibotic tube for the eyes.
Is "the lady" a veterinarian, or just some lady you got the cat from? A shelter worker?
If she is a vet you need a return visit, and if she is not then it is high time the kitty was seen by one.
Eyes are nothing to fool around with- you need to see a veterinarian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady was a shelter worker...

I made an appointment tommorrow morning at 9 to see a vet.. I hope he tells us something and or gives us something good for her eye.. I just hope I did everything right with cleaning her eye and the medicine.

I'm really really worried about her!!

Thanks
Heather

les0304

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have done everything you could sofar. Hopefully the vet gets it figured out. Good luck.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the infection has been there a while, just so you know this can cause some permanent scarring in the eye. Hopefully he can get fixed before this happens
. In the long term they adapt to it and woudl never know it but it can leave a visible mark on the eye. Poor baby I hope it gets better soon.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep us updated!

My furbaby, April Joy, had a similar problem with her left eye. It turned out that she has the feline herpes virus. She came from a shelter, too. My vet prescribed an oral antibiotic called Clavamox and I started giving her 1000 mg of lysine per day. Her eye cleared up in a few weeks. That ointment for their eyes doesn't work at all. IMO, it makes the condition worse.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

Please keep us updated!

My furbaby, April Joy, had a similar problem with her left eye. It turned out that she has the feline herpes virus. She came from a shelter, too. My vet prescribed an oral antibiotic called Clavamox and I started giving her 1000 mg of lysine per day. Her eye cleared up in a few weeks. That ointment for their eyes doesn't work at all. IMO, it makes the condition worse.
Prego also has herpes. He's had one eye infection. The ointment I got from the vet worked perfectly.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope it not herpes.... Is that bad,, like a disease that can kill them..

Oh now I'm very worried and scared.. she's just a baby....

Heather

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Oh I hope it not herpes.... Is that bad,, like a disease that can kill them..

Oh now I'm very worried and scared.. she's just a baby....

Heather
No, hepes isn't real serious. It is not life threatening. Don't worry. Your baby will be fine.

cia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Im worried about my Gerry too. We have just had him for just a little over a week and he has conjunctiitus. I dont think it is the same condition as your kitty's but i find it upsetting all the same trying to get eye drops in his eyes. Ihope and pray that Angels precious eyes will clearup quickly.

love cia xx

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes,, her name is Angel...

Well the vet appointment went okay.

She has an upper respiratory infection.. So she gave us some oral medicine and told me to keep using the eye medicine we had... She said it should clear up on 3 or 4 days.. (I HOPE)...

Plus she has ear mites,, poor thing.... I've gotta get her medicine for that too,, she wanted like $20 bucks for the medicine..

I wondered if I could get it somewhere else cheaper... Wasn't sure.. Trying to save money,, if possible.. 2 dogs, a cat, and bird, and 4 year old child.. They are expensive.. LOL...

Thanks for everyone help.. Now on how to figure out how to give oral antibotics to a cat.. Ugghh,, the drama!!!

Heather